Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mensa Dearborn Annual Gathering: First Ever In Detroit Area

Dearborn hosts meeting of the minds
    American Mensa decided to come to Metro Detroit after the local Generation X "Mensans" lobbied the national office and because members wanted a site near Canada. Organizers also appreciated the self-deprecating slogan thought up by the Detroit Convention and Visitors Bureau: "Who's the Genius Who Picked Detroit?"
    LOL! Some genius apparently did pick Detroit. Ingenious!

Perhaps the bright minds can solve the problem of the DPS and maybe even Detroit itself. What took them so long?

I worked with one.....she was able to get through some of the most advanced math courses at Michigan yet she couldn't figure out how to work the fax machine.

jim schaefer and i spoke at the mensa annual gathering on saturday. the mensans were very, very, impressed with detroit.
    so here's the quandry: geniuses like the D, but there are more dumbshits than geniuses in the world.
    just our luck!

Thanks all for some great laughs... especially the Detroit Visitors Convention Bureau's slogan.

Patrick... I know of a similar situation... a genius who knowns so many things... and yet has trouble getting around the metro area without a map and directions....

It's like the blind who have superior powers in their other senses... a gifted genius is often lacking in other skills...

My favorite quote.... "I cannot stand people who think that they are smarter than everyone else, it makes it so much harder for those of us who really are!

Hey Gannon, studies have shown that when a person is deficient in one of the senses the other senes do NOT develop further. It's just an urban legend like Bigfoot, Chupacabra and the gov't trying to send messages to you through your fillings [[or control you via satellite).

Will Nainrouge be there? I'm still waiting payment on a bet I had going.

Sorry, that one goes back a bit.

bartock Guest

My guess is more than a few on this board would qualify for MENSA. Top 2% is north of 6 million qualifiers in this country alone. [[I found that out by asking a MENSA).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Will Nainrouge be there? I'm still waiting payment on a bet I had going.

Sorry, that one goes back a bit.
    LOL, I remember that one. Where have all the cowboys gone.....?