Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gay Bar Detroit Eagle is closing

Got a message yesterday that the Detroit Eagle is closing its doors after 25 years. I remember it being a bar called the interchange before that. Nice bar but very bad area from what I remember. Just another business closing in the D I guess.

Henry Ford Hospital is wiping out that entire neighborhood. It was not a bad neighborhood, I lived there for over thirty years, crack cocaine and Ford Hospital led to the area's downfall.

Yes, Henry Ford does seem to be demolishing quite a lot up there lately. There were two Italianate apartment buildings that practically disappeared over April & May.

Why don't they move to Corktown and join Backstreet? Doesn't EVERY major city need to have a gay bar called The Eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallins View Post
    Henry Ford Hospital is wiping out that entire neighborhood. It was not a bad neighborhood, I lived there for over thirty years, crack cocaine and Ford Hospital led to the area's downfall.
    Yeah, the evil Henry Ford Health System is investing $500 Million in the city; that puts them in the same category as drug dealers. What a priceless comment.

YAY! So long Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    YAY! So long Eagle.
    LOL. Latest comment by Danny? I knew it - Danny, you are a certain kind of gem.
    I for one wish the Eagle and its patrons well. Indeed, maybe they will move to Corktown.

Whats a leather daddy to do...... ?

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    LOL. Latest comment by Danny? I knew it - Danny, you are a certain kind of gem.
    I for one wish the Eagle and its patrons well. Indeed, maybe they will move to Corktown.
    Yeah Danny's homophobia is always so cute LOL!!

Yeah, truth of the matter is, without the Eagle he is more likely to get hit on elsewhere.... tee hee , Home depot is the new eagle. Cigars in the garden dept.....