Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default All Star Strip Club to close for a year

The underaged "dancing" solicitation and disregard is probably happening at many of these clubs... Maybe the club will be "stripped" [[pardon the pun) and scrapped during its closure. Every other building or home not occupied or abandoned for too long is so addressed.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...ip-club-closed

A judge on Thursday deemed the strip club All Stars a nuisance and ordered it padlocked for a year, after finding the bar didn't check the identification of a 14-year-old performer.

This is what should have happened from the very beginning. Just go after the small handful of clubs that are violating the law instead of trying to change the laws in a manner that made them unconstitutional. If I'm not mistaken, that resulted in the City losing a lot of money in lawsuits.

The 14-year old should be charged with fraud, and her parents with neglect. She looked of legal age, had documents to reinforce it, and her mom had to know what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by milesdriven View Post
    The 14-year old should be charged with fraud, and her parents with neglect. She looked of legal age, had documents to reinforce it, and her mom had to know what was going on.
    May be true but my understanding is that this is by no means the first time the club has caused trouble.

Yep, it need not be an either/ or. All parties are involved in crime here. The business is not exempt in their participation. And this place has had problems before.

I agree with your comments. That's not to say there aren't other issues to be addressed. This isn't all about the club exploiting the girl and her family, though that is certainly part of it. Once attorneys and the media are involved, none of the serious issues will be resolved and no one will benefit from what should be a 'learning' experience.

It's possible the regulations are insufficient. I don't know what they are in New York either, but I have seen bars swipe my driver's license through some kind of a doo-hickey for years now. It might not be required, but it sure is a great way to protect yourself if you're a bar, or a strip club. What can those things cost, a couple hundred bucks?

So the bottom line in my mind is the owners welcomed the possibility of their employing some underage girls [[and, I imagine, illegal aliens). I'm pretty permissive, in general - and yeah, the parents may well have had an idea what was going on, or perhaps should have - but I will say that the owners failed to conduct themselves at best intelligently, and not unlikely without integrity.