Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Irish-Mexican Festival

Does anybody have the date and location of this event. I've never attended before but would like to check it out this year. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

... cinco de mayo?

It was originally held in Bagley Gardens ,then in recent years at the Gaelic League on Michigan Ave. I have'nt been to it for a couple of years so I'm not sure when/if it's happening. I seem to remember it was held in the month of June.
    I really loved those potato tacos!

Sorry I never heard of it but would love to attend. Please let me know when it is.

This reminds me of how much I used to enjoy the true ethnic festivals at Hart Plaza growing up. Greek, Italian, Mexican, Polish, Irish, Ukranian. Man, there was a lot of good food and entertainment there. It would be nice if the ethnic festivals were brought back on the Riverwalk or Campus Martius every weekend.

I checked the Gaelic League website but there is no mention of it in their upcoming events. I'll send an e-mail and find out if it's still happening.

Check with the Fiesta Gardens restaurant. They may know, it's been held there before, I think it may be sometime in June.

There hasn't been an Irish Mexican festival for a couple of years now. there are suggestions to having
    a Corktown/Mexicantown festival, but there are several
    problems - location being one of them due to the Gateway Project. There are people working on this and
    hopefully, something will be in place for early fall.