Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Buy American Guest

Default Teresa Gueyser fired by Bobb

Something isn't right here....I see a huge lawsuit pending against Bobb and the DPS.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010063...00630027/1318/

The H.N.I.C. of Detroit Public Schools 'Rob Bobb' may fire 'Miss' Gueyser. However the The Detroit Public School Board said that 'We just renew her contract. Therefore she will not be fired.' So 'Miss' Gueyser still works for DPS for now. Rob Bobb can't fire any DPS teachers or administrators, Only the board can.

People are retaliated against for reporting sexual harassment all the time. If I ever meet any of you in person, I'll tell you a DPS story, but not online.

Ravine Guest

English, you damn sure have a point, there, but I kinda don't think that's what is going on, here.
    Probably, Bobb would cheerfully fire Mathis, Gueyser, and-- for good measure-- Murray, if possible, and I'm thinking that the issue between Mathis & Gueyser may not play into this one.

Think people are confusing things here. Bobb made a financial decision in April to let her go [[she was a School Board hire) and sent her a letter then that her contract would not be renewed.

Her problem with Mathes did not affect that decision in Bobb's mind. Her problem with Mathes was that he was her boss and so maybe that's why she didn't object to his behaviors more stridently and earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The H.N.I.C. of Detroit Public Schools 'Rob Bobb'
    The Head What In Charge, Danny? That is offensive and I suggest you edit it immediately. That is not funny or cute.

Buy American Guest

^^^^
    Negotiator?

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    The Head What In Charge, Danny? That is offensive and I suggest you edit it immediately. That is not funny or cute.
    I keep my codespeak in second person instead in first person sentence. You know what H.N.I.C. means, but don't write answer those initials on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    People are retaliated against for reporting sexual harassment all the time. If I ever meet any of you in person, I'll tell you a DPS story, but not online.
    Do Tell!
    I know your assumption is true, but I dont think it has anything to do with this. Gueyser is powerless, she has no authority, why keep her. The whole board should be fired to. When Anthony Adams is the voice of the board then you have to realize what a ridiculas situation we are in here. We are the laughing stock of the country.

I keep my codespeak in second person instead in first person sentence. You know what H.N.I.C. means, but don't write answer those initials on this forum.
    Apparently you seem to think that offensive statements are OK as long as you veil them in easily-deciphered codespeak. Still offensive, not funny and not cute, and my suggestion still stands that you edit your post. If you want to reveal yourself as someone who uses racist terminology, I hope you're proud of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Apparently you seem to think that offensive statements are OK as long as you veil them in easily-deciphered codespeak. Still offensive, not funny and not cute, and my suggestion still stands that you edit your post. If you want to reveal yourself as someone who uses racist terminology, I hope you're proud of that.
    Well said, Downtown Lady.

I will be the first one to admit I haven't exactly liked a lot of the things Bobb has done [[some I have). But if I wanted to speak poorly of him or criticize him I sure as heck can come up with better and more intelligent ways to lambaste him.

By using cloistered codespeak, not only only does it weaken his position but speaks more of the writer than of the content.

C'mon Danny.. speak what you mean. Get to the point. If you get called out for a slur that is inappropriate, then man up , explain yourself or apologize. It doesn't matter whether you write them in first person, second person or third person- those words originated with your thought. Take the responsibility in them.

Yeah. At least have the decency to write H.M.F.I.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Yeah. At least have the decency to write H.M.F.I.C.
    And if he's a married man with kids, you'd even be accurate!

Remember Danny, if you ever get called out like that again the word is Negro

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Remember Danny, if you ever get called out like that again the word is Negro
    LOL...that's milder, I suppose - perhaps a comment on the sort of voluntary semi-segregation we often see in our society?A little dated, though, unless you're also commenting on the language used by religious leaders with tickets for the KMK gravy train [[said tickets seemingly having been punched at this point).

I'll say that I for one have reported [[mild, but still) sexual harassment of a junior colleague by a partner - nothing of the sort that Mathis did, mind you, but some drunken comments about riding a mechanical bull topless at a firm outing with an open bar. Which is kind of borderline, and I made sure to be cautious about the issue, since for what it's worth it did fall far short of an indecent grope, or anything like that. And the guy got some kind of a slap on the wrist, and surely a stern talking to from the general counsel, maybe a refresher course on being respectful at work or whatever - which may have been doing him a favor [[He, too, probably has a problem, you see :-). He probably wouldn't thank me for it, but as partner in a big ole global professional services firm, you can't go pulling stunts like that, so nipping in the bud, it seemed to me, was appropriate.

In any event, I did not get fired for it. I don't know if my junior colleague was grateful, but I wasn't about to let that go within that context. And I'm still here, having quit and moved on of my own accord. Though that's probably easier in a big company than in a small business.

Then again, it should be pretty easy in a public agency as well.
    Last edited by fryar; July-01-10 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    And if he's a married man with kids, you'd even be accurate!
    *flatlined*

Best post I've read all day!

As for my story, I'd be glad to tell it sometime, at one of the Forum nights this fall. Suffice it to say that I saw the shenanigans in DPS as a brand new teacher. The problem with DPS was that people with morals were always told "that's the way it is" and inducted into looking the other way. "Shut your mouth, close your door, and teach."

We accepted an unacceptably low bar for professional conduct, at least from '98-'05. I can only speak about my experiences. Maybe things improved once they got rid of many of the youngsters like me mid-decade. Who knows.
    Last edited by English; July-01-10 at 06:06 PM.

I had a girlfriend who was a NYC Teaching Fellow, special ed in the Bronx. She told me some pretty unbelievable stories about unacceptably low standards from there as well...not necessarily just the young teachers, though. And, in this case, with regard to the behavior of some of the teachers, para-professionals, and other staff members. Not all, but some of them, were arguably compensating heavily for a strong dose of disillusionment and/or cynicism. Like, by smoking pot on the roof, or tolerating that from their colleagues, say. [[I'm not opposed to the old rag weed in general, but decency surely demands some limits)The kids just behaved badly [[some) because of, well, their circumstances, really.

Hate to sound crass, but it sounds like Bobb used this to say: "%uc*k both of you! And the horse you came in on!"

What a hot mess as the kids would say!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Something isn't right here....I see a huge lawsuit pending against Bobb and the DPS.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010063...00630027/1318/
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-01-10 at 07:59 PM.

How can the board hire anyone when they don't have control of the finances? Who goes to work for a board that can't pay you?

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    *flatlined*

Best post I've read all day!.
    Thanks English, but if we're going to suddenly start using codespeak and abbreviations, I'm at least going to be accurate about things!

Did anyone see WJBK's Let It Rip about the subject at hand?

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ip-july-1-2010

Is it me or does the good Reverend David Murray look spaced out in all of this? It was some pretty heated dialogue that I kind of wished would've continued.

Oh-snap! That interview got busy at points! Steve Hood indeed "let-it-rip" quickly getting to the point that Murray needs to GO too! Murray claimed what he said was taken out of context/ even that he did not say it. Duh! Hood aptly pointed out that the base disfunctionalism of the board is aptly handing DPS over to Bing/ Bobb. Murray bumbled retorts of justification only verified Hoods points.... Mildred referenced the broader problems remaining, like the increasing DPS deficit [[200M+ and counting, who is going to get the DPS contracts etc.)...
    Thanks English, but if we're going to suddenly start using codespeak and abbreviations, I'm at least going to be accurate about things!

Did anyone see WJBK's Let It Rip about the subject at hand?

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ip-july-1-2010

Is it me or does the good Reverend David Murray look spaced out in all of this? It was some pretty heated dialogue that I kind of wished would've continued.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-02-10 at 04:13 AM.

Yeah, I like how his collar is a little off center.....much like him. For the life of me, how did he get voted in?

Stromberg2

If only Murray's collar was the only thing off-center! He inept ghastly attempt at back-peddling was embarrassing. He was like a grown man astride a busted tricycle, trying to damage control his original comments.

He just doesn't have the skill at that - everyone knows exactly what he said/ meant originally! Murray's presence only made/ makes the DPS board look more 'bluntly' incompetent and ripe to be taken down along with DPS by Bobb/ Bing.
    Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Yeah, I like how his collar is a little off center.....much like him. For the life of me, how did he get voted in?

Stromberg2
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-02-10 at 06:05 PM.

Now somebody please refresh my memory here [[and I could be totally wrong) but didn't David Murray officially change his name to Reverend David Murray?

Now forgive me, but isn't that a little quirky?

What next? The Detroit Tigers' Brandon Inge changes his name to "Third baseman Brandon Inge"? Kwame Kilpatrick becomes "The Felon Kwame Kilpatrick"? I didn't know it was chic to have your title suddenly become your new first name now.

Yep, that's right! Nutty/ quirky as it is, his name change is an effort to "demand" a certain level of respect [[or votes) I guess. However, his consistent-chronic buffoonery and inappropriate comments actually degrade any authority and position of leadership he is trying to CLAIM.
    Now somebody please refresh my memory here [[and I could be totally wrong) but didn't David Murray officially change his name to Reverend David Murray?

Now forgive me, but isn't that a little quirky?

What next? The Detroit Tigers' Brandon Inge changes his name to "Third baseman Brandon Inge"? Kwame Kilpatrick becomes "The Felon Kwame Kilpatrick"? I didn't know it was chic to have your title suddenly become your new first name now.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-10 at 04:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast