Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: atwater beer

Default atwater beer

everytime i get a change i head over to slows bbq... while there i get atwater beer, either ale or lager.

i went to the atwater website and it doesn't list a detroit location to purchase their beer. i would really like to pick up a case of atwater the next time im in detroit, does anyone know where i can get some to take home? can you get it at the brewery? it doesnt say on the website.

There's this thing called a telephone, It's been around about 135 years. I'm sure the numbers on the website you were looking at. Wouldn't it have been quicker to just call?

Meijer has it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    There's this thing called a telephone, It's been around about 135 years. I'm sure the numbers on the website you were looking at. Wouldn't it have been quicker to just call?
    And, wouldn't it have been quicker to have just answered his question?

If you ever go to a Tiger game, they sell it on the concourse of the lower deck too.

You could start wit Atwater Brewery. They might have cases of Atwater beer. Just a thought.

I have purchased cases directly from the brewery. Enjoy

thanks guys, ill head over to the brewery next time i'm across the river.. has anyone ever ate at the restaurant there?

The Atwater restaurant is closed; last Friday was their last day. They're moving into the old Johnny Rocket's space on the ground floor of the Fox. The brewery will stay in the same location and an italian restaurant, Prive Duet, will move into the space next to the brewery.

I love Atwater! I just went to Atwater night here in NYC at Pony Bar [[an awesome craft beer bar). The owner was very friendly, which makes me want to purchase their beer even more. I'm surprised the restaurant was closing...I thought they did well with live music.

Atwater beer is sold here in Charlotte, North Carolina, y'all.

The Java Porter is at Harris Teeter here in Arlington, VA, as well as the Wegmans in Fairfx, VA.

Also, here is the link from Atwater's website about their relocation to Woodward. The place sounds great, and I especially like their focus on local and Michigan products.

http://www.atwaterbeer.com/tasting-and-happenings/

Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    The Atwater restaurant is closed; last Friday was their last day. They're moving into the old Johnny Rocket's space on the ground floor of the Fox. The brewery will stay in the same location and an italian restaurant, Prive Duet, will move into the space next to the brewery.
    Farnsworth, I'm glad you were specific about where they're moving the tap room to, because their web site isn't! Queer thing, to tell people you're moving, but not precisely to where.

I do like their insistence on serving Michigan beers [[not just their own, in the new place) and local food products. I'm sure I'll be stopping by the new place soon - if anyone knows when it is to open [[another detail left off Atwater's web site).