Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Mathis charged with a felony & misdemeanor

DETROIT [[WXYZ) - The former head of the Detroit School Board has been charged with a felony count of misconduct in office and a 90 day misdemeanor count of disorderly person-obscene conduct.

The charges against Otis Mathis are related to allegations by General Superintendent Theresa Gueyser. She has accused Mathis of touching and fondling himself while to two were conducting a meeting.

The allegations led to Mathis resigning from the school board earlier this month. However, he tried to retract his resignation and apologize for his conduct the day after turning in his resignation.

A spokesperson for the Wayne County Prosecutor's office say arrangements will be made for Mathis to turn himself in.

It would seem that Mr. Mathis is used to doing things for himself!!

dbred, good one, I gotta hand it to you ... oh wait

Apparently, he DOES know jack...

Just don't rub him the wrong way.

Buy American Guest

I'm surprised....instead of outrage... I'm reading jokes and innuendos.
    This man positioned himself within arms reach of the children in the City of Detroit. I could almost guarantee 100% that this has happened before to someone else, possibly a child. I don't see anger from anyone. He needs to be charged with much stiffer [[pardon the pun) charges. He is a sexual pervert who needs to be put on the sexual offenders register; he should stay away from any schools or areas where children play; and he needs a very harsh jail sentence.
    How come he seems to be exempt from charges that any other person would be charged with? What an imbecile!
    How on earth did he become President of DPS?

Mathis needs to be made an example of. If he gets convicted on the felony and gets the maximum, I won't blink. I'm sick of clowns getting into public office on a humbug and then they choose to act a fool..

To add to the Alice in Wonderland sense of this episode: The Superintendent was hired by the School Board [[ which is maybe why she put up with mathis through several meetings - he was the boss).
    Bobb is in court fighting a contract extension for her.
    She was [[I understand) until recently a lawyer in the City Law Department working in the real estate div. How does that qualify her to be the superintendent of Schools????

I know! I've had enough of these people who simply stroke Detroiters' egos and don't come to order. I think we should have leaders of only the most rigid morals, upright, upstanding rising young talents who have rock-hard ethics and stiff standards. That way, we can alter the thrust of our schools, make everything bigger and better, until we have so much talent we'll be ready to explode.

Brilliant, D-nerd!!

Stromberg2

Hardly.

So he's a jerk, is that a crime?

While we're on the subject: Dickipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by BagAJellyDonuts View Post
    Well, yeah, when you expose yourself and masturbate in someones office, I'd say it's a crime.

Jerk? Or Jerk off?

Quote Originally Posted by BagAJellyDonuts View Post
    So you defend perverts?

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    I'm surprised....instead of outrage... I'm reading jokes and innuendos.
    I wouldn't make the assumption that people aren't outraged - just because they cracked a joke.

The prior thread that initially brought up Mathis' inappropriate behavior - was clearly expressing outrage. As a woman I find his actions extremely offensive. However with that said.. I appreciate the jokes.

Sometimes people just need to crack a joke to smile & make the day a bit brighter. And that doesn't mean we are ignoring the problem.

Amika......Exactly! This man makes my skin crawl. He is a sicko for sure. And BagAJellyDonuts, you must be joking!? He is so much more than just a jerk. You see nothing wrong with what he did? Do you have a sister or a mother or daughter, and would you think it was ok for some man to expose himself and jack off in front of them? What he did is definetly a crime. Jeez

Ravine Guest

Oh now, be nice, gang. Mathis claims that he has an illness and will seek help.
    Aren't you all hip to the way this works?
    We see it all the time. If you are called out for criminal acts, anti-social behavior, or even just plain "being an asshole," you immediately play the "I have an illness" card, and presto!! Your record of mis-deeds is purged, you are forgiven, and you're back in the saddle straightaway. If it doesn't play out that way, you sue everybody in sight for discriminating against you because of your illness. If that doesn't fly, you sue your legal counsel for mis-representation and/or general incompetence.

Of course, in Mathis' case, all of that must be conducted orally [[no, I'm not being a wisenheimer,) because we have already established that he can't write.
    But I hear tell that a lot of young men can't write.