Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lafayette Bridge

Does anyone knows when the Lafayette overpassed is to be completed? It appears that the work is being dragged out and the Dequindre Cut will stil have to be closed on the weekday. The Grand River bridge which overpass I-96 is half completed and is being used.

I understand it will be done in September.

I don't see why it is taking so long to rebuild the bridge. Unlike the bridge replacement on Grand River and other places this road is completely closed in that area. There is no interruptions. You would think that the Lafayette and Larned bridges would be repaired on replaced in a matter of two months instea of the whole summer. It is an inconvenience to those traveling downtown via Lafayette avenue or Larned. The Livernois overpass is almost complete. That is with intteruptions by cars using the other half of the overpass I think that funds are being used for something or someone else instead of entirely being used in the reconstruction of these two bridges.I say follow the money to see who profits as a result of delay in plans.

Probably because Livernois/Grand River/I96 is interstate and mostly federal funding and Lafayette and Larned are State or Detroit funded, still with probably federal funding but not subject to the same volume of traffic as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    Ever think of calling your local MDOT office and asking a simple question as to why? That's what they do for the public.
    Sheeesh, instead of wasting space with this useless drivel of a thread here?
    I had tried calling but get their voicemail. I just figured that someone would know on this site and to share my concern with others who probably lives in the area