Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default West Grand Blvd - 1960s Car Dealerships

Does anyone remember West Grand Blvd in 1960-63? A friend is working on his family history and trying to find his father. His father worked at a used car dealership on West Grand Blvd in 1963. He doesn't know the name of it. At the time his mother lived in Hamtramck so I suspect the dealership would be on West Grand Blvd just outside of Hamtramck but not sure.

Does anyone know the names of any used car dealerships that may have been on West Grand Blvd in 1963?

Hetche Motors was at West Grand Blvd. and 14th street. After the riots, Nathan Conyers bought the dealership and changed the name to Conyers Ford.

Thank you. In researching this I see that this was a Ford dealership. I mentioned it to my friend and he told me that he thinks his father worked at a used car [[multiple brands) dealership. He laughingly said it was probably an old clunker dealership. I know this is hard to find, especially from way back in the early '60s, but it would mean so much to him.