Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Help NEED Hard Drive recovery assistance

Greetings:

Anyone member who can refer me to a hard drive recovery service that is local and shall we say less than 500.00 It's a 320g laptop drive sata that is announcing "imminent drive failure" back up now...Everyone I've looked up on line is either mail out service . Some opera and music/misc downloads will be hard to replace.
    Need Help!

Is it your boot drive or a secondary drive? And where are you located, citywise?

First off, the more you use this drive currently, the less your chances are of saving it. If it's still a fairly readable drive, i do raw data transfer of drives for $100. I no longer do platter transfer of laptop drives though. Send me a pm for more.

thanks to all who offered advice...

Bob

Have not set up yet after getting booted out of the David Stott Bldg., but I can help you if you can wait a couple of weeks? Try to use the drive as little as possible in the mean time. If the drive is still working/readable, it's simple. If it fails, then it's complicated/costly...

If it's not bootable or able to be read as a slave, you are looking at minimum $1500+.

Bob, let us know the outcome....later. Interesting problem, always.