Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tonight...at the Masters Restaurant in Mad Hgts

If anyone is looking for something to do tonight...a great friend of mine whose name is Alex Safi will be signing at the piano bar at the Master Restaurant in Madison Heights [[13 Mile just west of Dequindre). He sings and plays piano from 7pm to 11pm.

If you are an "old timer" like me and enjoy Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Perry Como, Harry Bellafonte style music...or if you enjoy easy listening music where you can actually hear yourself think or have a conversation, please come on out and have a drink and/or dinner.

Alex would like to get a long term gig here and the best way to get it is to have a big audience. My group will be at a table just to left of where he is signing, so if you do come, please come by and say hello. I'll be the old gray haired lady...

Hope to see you there!

what will he be signing? 8 x 10 glossies? first editions of his book? LP jackets?

Ok Ok...you got me. Fingers were working the keyboard faster than my brain was going...sorry.

SINGING...he is a SINGER and plays the piano....

Score one for the spelling police.
    Last edited by Blueidone; April-25-09 at 03:59 PM.

How did it go last night, Blue? Personally I try to stay out of that neighborhood, I hear it gets rough after the sun sets.

We had a great time, Gnome. Pretty good crowd there tonight, but not as good as Friday night. He will be there next Thursday night, not sure about the next weekend, but we are optimistic. There is not much of a dance floor there, but the people were standing up and dancing by their tables. And the food was excellent and reasonably priced.

I guess the storm pushed all the bad elements inside last night, cuz we had no problems. ;-)