Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

They're just for reading.. I take them off for everything else.

Before the forums switched over to the new server, there was a thread called "Responsible Gun Owner of the Week". In that vein, I present to you this week's Responsible Law-Abiding Citizen: Cleveland Browns defensive end Robaire Smith.

FLINT, Michigan — Cleveland Browns defensive end and former Flint Northern star Robaire Smith faces a gun charge after a loaded gun was found in his carry-on luggage at Bishop Airport last year.

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton issued the charge Thursday.
    Smith, 32, was getting on a Nov. 6, 2009 flight to Atlanta when he put his bag through an airport security X-ray machine, Leyton said.

Airport security questioned Smith about the gun and he allegedly told them he had forgotten it was in his bag, said Leyton.

The Belgium 5.7 caliber gun had between 15 and 17 rounds in the magazine but did not have a bullet in the chamber, Leyton said.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...nsive_end.html

Who the fuck do you expect to have to shoot at the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Just the gun owners who insist they need a small arsenal of weapons to "defend themselves from the gubmint" and need to be allowed to carry any kind of firearm anywhere [[like alcohol-serving establishments, churches, etc), no matter the potential for danger to the general public.
    Well people who act as you describe above are just plain ignorant.

Terrorists of course!

Where does it say that anyone needed to shoot. He must have forgotten to take it out of his bag at home. If he wanted to bring it, he would have had to declare it with the airline and place it in a locked cased inside his checked baggage.

Before the forums switched over to the new server, there was a thread called "Responsible Gun Owner of the Week". In that vein, I present to you this week's Responsible Law-Abiding Citizen: Cleveland Browns defensive end Robaire Smith.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...nsive_end.html

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    They're just for reading.. I take them off for everything else.
    Like flirting with sailors on the "ships"? Maybe they can "boat" you?

Why is everyone so obssessed with people who want to legally buy and own firearms. They might just enjoy shooting and looking at them. That doesn't mean that they are crazy or they want to fight against invading armies or aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Why is everyone so obssessed with people who want to legally buy and own firearms. They might just enjoy shooting and looking at them. That doesn't mean that they are crazy or they want to fight against invading armies or aliens.
    There's nothing wrong with purchasing or legally using a firearm. But please cut us a fucking break and stop pretending that ALL gun owners are "responsible, law-abiding citizens". They are not.

Please stop pretending that ALL non gun owners are "responsible, law-abiding citizens". I would bet that non-gun owners commit much more crimes that gun owners.

There's nothing wrong with purchasing or legally using a firearm. But please cut us a fucking break and stop pretending that ALL gun owners are "responsible, law-abiding citizens". They are not.

Criminals are going to get guns, whether there are laws or not. I know all of you anti-gun peeps don't want to know that, thinking these "misguided" folks will stop killing people someday.

It has nothing to do with "armed rednecks" or any other pejorative you want to lob my way. firstandten thinks 2 yrs. is "enough incentive not to carry a gun in the commission of a crime". R U kidding me? First, if they catch ya. Second, 2 years is peanuts to a hard-core criminal!

There is a long history of civilizations giving up their arms only to be slaughtered, unable to defend themselves. The Warsaw Uprising failed because it happened too late [[after gun control was established in 1938,,it's TOO LATE then), and people were too complacent and oblivious of the red flags. If you are being honest and know history, you will concede that. For every one WU, I'll give you 5 "regrettable actions" that are indisputable facts, including:

- Guatemala: Gun Control Established: 1964. 100,000 Mayan Indians were taken away and put to death. [[1964-1981).

- Uganda: Gun Control Established : 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were sought out and executed.

- Turkey: GCE 1915. 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated [[a "racial cleansing" move) [[1915-1917).

- Soviet Union: GCE 1929. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents [[meaning, people speaking out against the gov't), were arrested and executed.

- Germany: GCE 1938. 13 million Jews. Poles, Czechs, and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. [[1939-1945)

- China: GCE 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

- Cambodia: GCE 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people were hunted down and killed.

I think I'll keep my gun, thank you, and defend myself, home and family if necessary. No I'm not an army, but an army is made of many, and I can pop an intruder if necessary...I'll have the element of surprise on my side. I'm not going to die in my own house because someone wants my TV or his mommy was mean to him.

Yamamoto didn't say: "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.", but it's food for thought at least. Would you invade the US with those odds? Would you rob someone at gunpoint in a state with a conceal-carry law? "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

To ghettopalmetto, oldredfordette, Detroitej72, you have a nice day and I hope nothing bad ever happens to you because you will be utterly and completely defenseless. I won't be, and no person or law can force me to be.

As a progressive, gun owning, "liberal", I find the right wing's tactic's very offensive.

My home[[which is My Castle), is fully armed to the teeth!

When a person of questionable character who obtains a gun tries to enter my domain, I will exorcise my right to protect myself...

I will aim at the head, and shoot to kill anyone who intends to harm my wife, and invade my home!!!

P.S: to all Cons and Ditto heads...

How you like me now, as you are indoctrinated by your messiah, Rush, to think all libs are passive???
    Last edited by Detroitej72; July-06-10 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    As a progressive, gun owning, "liberal", I find the right wing's tactic's very offensive.

When a person of questionable character obtains a gun tries to enter my domain, I will exorcise my right to protect myself...

I will aim at the head, and shoot to kill anyone who intends to harm my wife, and invade my home!!!

How you like me now, as you are indoctrinated by your messiah, Rush, to think all libs are passive???
    You should reconsider your aiming point.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post

It has nothing to do with "armed rednecks" or any other pejorative you want to lob my way. firstandten thinks 2 yrs. is "enough incentive not to carry a gun in the commission of a crime". R U kidding me? First, if they catch ya. Second, 2 years is peanuts to a hard-core criminal!
    You have me wrong. Two years is not a good incentive to stop people from the commission of a crime using a gun. If you commit a crime with a gun, your sentence for the gun only should be as much as the eight amendment [[cruel and unusual punishment) will allow. That does not include the felony act itself.

The idea is that the prison time for using a gun in the commission of a crime would be so severe, that it would be a form of gun control, at least to the criminal element.

checkraisej Guest

I don't use foul language in any woman's presence. It's one of my values and I will not compromise it.
    Well, apparently except for here:
    ejames, I asked you a question...

You said it, what the fuck did you mean?
    He doesn't use foul language in any woman's presence, except for when he does. Or maybe there's no women here. Whichever. I'm surprised he didn't say that he doesn't use foul language in any broad's presence.

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    My co-worker has one rifle and two pistols purchased from private owners, with serial numbers removed.
    Next time you see him at work, ask Craigd if it's illegal for him to have them.

Your comments speak to the fact I pointed out earlier that all gun owners are not NRA members or so-called right-wingers. Gun owners are not ALL from the same politic or perspective, withstanding the assertion or assumption otherwise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post

When a person of questionable character who obtains a gun tries to enter my domain, I will exorcise my right to protect myself...

Last edited by Zacha341; July-06-10 at 05:01 AM.

Compelling comments and information K2T.... thank you.

The "redneck" comment runs out of steam to go the full distance of canonizing all gun owners. The construct cannot and does not explain, for instance the proportion of law abiding, armed black population in Detroit and elsewhere who could not care less about being a NRA member or taking their "orders" from Rush or Beck etc.

Thus, as I've stated earlier here:
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...636#post159636
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...634#post159634
    the gun owner 'template' stereotype doesn't fit as neatly as many would have it. Yet the reasoning stands: want to demonize or depreciate something? Insist that it is derived from or supported by ONE perspective or idea.

And not to get off subject, but it is interesting to note that those historical government dissident 'round ups' and killings you reference were mostly 'secular' in nature, not religiously inspired as you often see cited and quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    Criminals are going to get guns, whether there are laws or not. I know all of you anti-gun peeps don't want to know that, thinking these "misguided" folks will stop killing people someday.

There is a long history of civilizations giving up their arms only to be slaughtered, unable to defend themselves. The Warsaw Uprising failed because it happened too late [[after gun control was established in 1938,,it's TOO LATE then), and people were too complacent and oblivious of the red flags. If you are being honest and know history, you will concede that. For every one WU, I'll give you 5 "regrettable actions" that are indisputable facts, including:

- Guatemala: Gun Control Established: 1964. 100,000 Mayan Indians were taken away and put to death. [[1964-1981).

- Uganda: Gun Control Established : 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were sought out and executed.

- Turkey: GCE 1915. 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated [[a "racial cleansing" move) [[1915-1917).

- Soviet Union: GCE 1929. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents [[meaning, people speaking out against the gov't), were arrested and executed.

- Germany: GCE 1938. 13 million Jews. Poles, Czechs, and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. [[1939-1945)

- China: GCE 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

- Cambodia: GCE 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people were hunted down and killed.

I think I'll keep my gun, thank you, and defend myself, home and family if necessary. No I'm not an army, but an army is made of many, and I can pop an intruder if necessary...I'll have the element of surprise on my side. I'm not going to die in my own house because someone wants my TV or his mommy was mean to him.

Yamamoto didn't say: "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.", but it's food for thought at least. Would you invade the US with those odds? Would you rob someone at gunpoint in a state with a conceal-carry law? "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

To ghettopalmetto, oldredfordette, Detroitej72, you have a nice day and I hope nothing bad ever happens to you because you will be utterly and completely defenseless. I won't be, and no person or law can force me to be.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-06-10 at 05:04 AM.

I finally figured out the culture of Americans and their need for more weapons. Your fellow citizens are all bat-shit crazy and paranoid. Your gov't isn't looking to murder all of you or put you all in camps. [[though fe\eding your fear does help to keep you in your house).

Exactly...

It's kind of funny reading about how people who live in Detroit think they are so safe.

Islandman

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sstashmoo
    The problem when the lead start flying is, it's going to take it up a notch at the border. People that are trying to get in now are largely passive and compliant with our Border officials. When people start getting shot, that could change all that for the worse. For illegals, and our guards. The US is never going to mount any sort of effective defense of our borders, so this really puts all our border guards in harms way from here on out.

Exactly. Considering most weapons used by the cartels are purchased here, it would be truly ironic if our Border Patrol agents start getting shot with them because of our ineffective policing of the border when it comes to drug and weapon smuggling..

Quote: "I don't why anyone takes anything he posts seriously"
    A broken clock is right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    It's kind of funny reading about how people who live in Detroit think they are so safe.
    Even funnier, who called who elitist a few pages back?

Oh I know, I'll be saved by one of those gun owning civilians if the shit hits the fan. You really can't make this stuff up. Pure entertainment.

Oh I know, I'll be saved by one of those gun owning civilians if the shit hits the fan.
    I'm more scared of the gun nuts than criminals or the government. Remember this story?
    [[By the way, the gunman was subdued by unarmed people.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoxvil...hurch_shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Even funnier, who called who elitist a few pages back?

Oh I know, I'll be saved by one of those gun owning civilians if the shit hits the fan. You really can't make this stuff up. Pure entertainment.

Everytime I read or hear that I always think of RevCo...Who's your favourite cock?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I'm more scared of the gun nuts than criminals or the government. Remember this story?
    [[By the way, the gunman was subdued by unarmed people.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoxvil...hurch_shooting
    What's even worse, we all have to pay for this guy for the rest of his natural life. He should be made to serve hard time in a chain gang or something to make him pay for his crimes. This sounds familiar.... Isn't he anti government? His food stamps were being cut off? Irony!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast