Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote: "I vote Stosh."

Do the math..

Quote: "And some of us even use those words."

That's your prerogative. I don't use foul language in any woman's presence. It's one of my values and I will not compromise it. jcole, thinks shes sitting in on the menspeak, I'd bet about anything she isn't, they may be dropping an F-bomb here and there, but they're toning it down for her.

Quote: "The term SS should, exclusively, be used on oceangoing vessels."

But, it isn't as I amply verified. Calling ships, "boats" was practice born out of ignorance of the passengers, the deck crew just played along. Sort of like I do with you. On the bridge and in the engine room, she was a ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post

Do the math..

That's your prerogative. I don't use foul language in any woman's presence. It's one of my values and I will not compromise it. jcole, thinks shes sitting in on the menspeak, I'd bet about anything she isn't, they may be dropping an F-bomb here and there, but they're toning it down for her.
    Don't bet on anything you have no clue about, 'moo. You are bound to lose.
    And quit trying to pull that 'little woman' crap on me; I am not one of your subservient 'submit to your man' type females. I was raised by a Detroit cop and there wasn't a whole lot of punch pulling in my house.
    I also worked at a transmission shop, was a bartender and in the computer industry, so I probably know words you've never heard of, or at least in combinations that would blow your mind.
    Last edited by jcole; July-02-10 at 08:30 AM.

Stosh Guest

Do the math..
    Obviously you can't.

Oh that's just priceless. And you will otherwise? And from someone that is supposedly a Christian? Yeah, that's a pip all right. You are just a bundle of contradiction, aren;t you?

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    2trips, have you ever read a single history book in your life? What a ridiculous thing to say.
    Kathy2trips has apparently never heard of the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, and neither have any of the kooks who think bands of armed rednecks are capable of defending our nation.

Quote: "You are just a bundle of contradiction, aren;t you?"

Not really, not that I'd expect you to understand.

The hilarity on here is the fact you folks try to portray me as some sort of freak, I hate to break it to you, I'm normal.

Women like to be talked to like sailors?? Where? Not in my circles, that includes bars and everywhere else.

Quote: "And quit trying to pull that 'little woman' crap on me; I am not one of your subservient 'submit to your man' type females."

They all say that, it's BS.

Why do you always take assume things and run with them as facts? I never said I 'enjoy' being talked to as a sailor; I said I'm used to it and don't shrink from it. To survive in the work place, it's either roll with it or be the type of shrinking violet who files grievances at the drop of a 'damn'. I'd much rather be the type of woman who can take it and give it back with impunity. If all the women you know are so delicate they can't tolerate some 'man talk' maybe you should frequent places where the real women hang out. Could be an eye opener for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Kathy2trips has apparently never heard of the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, and neither have any of the kooks who think bands of armed rednecks are capable of defending our nation.
    Do the armed rednecks really think they'll stand a chance at fighting an army? That is the stupidest reason for having guns that I've ever heard of. Think about this, whatever weapons civilians can stockpile, the military will have vastly superior guns and will end up taking you down with ease.

If you want to own a gun for personal protection, by all means, do so. If your reason for owning arms is to take on the government, or some occupying army, you've obviously been spending too much time in the sun and its fried your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Do the armed rednecks really think they'll stand a chance at fighting an army? That is the stupidest reason for having guns that I've ever heard of. Think about this, whatever weapons civilians can stockpile, the military will have vastly superior guns and will end up taking you down with ease.

If you want to own a gun for personal protection, by all means, do so. If your reason for owning arms is to take on the government, or some occupying army, you've obviously been spending too much time in the sun and its fried your brain.
    In fairness to the Poles, they knew they didn't stand a chance against the Nazi army, but they knew it was their only chance. If they were going to die, they were going to do it honor.

Contrast with American gun nuts, who think that their .357 could protect them when the government tanks come to take their satellite dish.

Quote: "I never said I 'enjoy' being talked to as a sailor; I said I'm used to it and don't shrink from it."

Well, there ya go, you just admitted you don't "enjoy" it, and that's why I don't do it. You go along to get along [[your boss is a moron for allowing it incidentally), and why should another human display a behavior, that you are required to just go along with? It's a lot easier to just refrain, and maintain discourse on a higher level of civility. It costs nothing.

Stosh Guest

Quote: "You are just a bundle of contradiction, aren't you?"

Not really, not that I'd expect you to understand.

The hilarity on here is the fact you folks try to portray me as some sort of freak, I hate to break it to you, I'm normal.

Women like to be talked to like sailors?? Where? Not in my circles, that includes bars and everywhere else.
    I don't think you deal with real women on a day to day basis.
    And, if you actually do, I'll have to just feel sorry for them.

You do a great job portraying yourself as the freak. we don't have to work at it much.

Ah so you drink too. That explains the lurching from topic to topic.
    Crosspost to Drunk Posts, please.

Quote: "I never said I 'enjoy' being talked to as a sailor; I said I'm used to it and don't shrink from it."

Well, there ya go, you just admitted you don't "enjoy" it, and that's why I don't do it. You go along to get along [[your boss is a moron for allowing it incidentally), and why should another human display a behavior, that you are required to just go along with? It's a lot easier to just refrain, and maintain discourse on a higher level of civility. It costs nothing.
    Who said I have a boss?

""To survive in the work place, it's either roll with it or be the type of shrinking violet who files grievances at the drop of a 'damn'. I'd much rather be the type of woman who can take it and give it back with impunity.""

Again with the assumptions.

lol, whatever...

I said I WORKED in those industries. Past tense. You see what you want to see. I never said 'To survive in the workplace, I have to roll with it'

Quote: "Past tense. You see what you want to see."

I'll make a deal with you, I'll start wearing my glasses when I read your posts, you stop haranguing me. Deal?

Only if you stop with the misogynistic comments.

Quote: "Only if you stop with the misogynistic comments."

I'll work on it..

Good ......

While on the front end you make strict registration of guns a must.
    My co-worker has one rifle and two pistols purchased from private owners, with serial numbers removed. He never had to fill out a single paper. So much for the red tape.
    Do the armed rednecks really think they'll stand a chance at fighting an army? That is the stupidest reason for having guns that I've ever heard of.
    Do you really think every person that owns a firearm is a redneck? Are you not aware that many prominant Americans are gun collectors, and that new firearms are generally very expensive to purchase? Why do you lump gun owners into a category of "redneck"s?
    You are aware that many women own firearms, as do people affiliated with all political parties, right?
    Generalize much?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Do you really think every person that owns a firearm is a redneck? Are you not aware that many prominant Americans are gun collectors, and that new firearms are generally very expensive to purchase? Why do you lump gun owners into a category of "redneck"s?
    It's not that all gun owners are rednecks. Just the gun owners who insist they need a small arsenal of weapons to "defend themselves from the gubmint" and need to be allowed to carry any kind of firearm anywhere [[like alcohol-serving establishments, churches, etc), no matter the potential for danger to the general public.

Do you really think every person that owns a firearm is a redneck? ?
    You obviously failed reading comprehension, as you neglected to read the first part of my post.

You are aware that many women own firearms, as do people affiliated with all political parties, right?
    Yes, and you can count me as a gun owner. The difference is I don't own a gun because I feel threatened by our government and wish to take on the ATF with my stockpile.

Quote: "Past tense. You see what you want to see."

I'll make a deal with you, I'll start wearing my glasses when I read your posts, you stop haranguing me. Deal?
    Only girly men wear glasses.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast