Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    lincoln8740 Guest

Default 2nd amendment goes nationwide!!!

I don't understand what the big deal is. Folks such as yourself have been going ballistic ever since Obama became president thinking he was going to take your guns from you , or take your bullets, or put you government re-education camps to teach you the joys of life without guns, whatever.

I challenge you to find any statement, speech, op-ed article where Obama said he was going to take your blessed toys from you.

Calm down 2nd amendment folks, regardless of the Scotus decision nothing was going to affect your ability to go out in the woods and shoot at creatures that can't shoot back any time soon.

From the article referenced: "By a 5-4 vote, the justices cast doubt on handgun bans in the Chicago area, but signaled that some limitations on the Constitution's "right to keep and bear arms" could survive legal challenges."

Typical ploy. Grant you something you already have, before they take something away.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I challenge you to find any statement, speech, op-ed article where Obama said he was going to take your blessed toys from you.

Calm down 2nd amendment folks, regardless of the Scotus decision nothing was going to affect your ability to go out in the woods and shoot at creatures that can't shoot back any time soon.
    Obama's record on the Second Amendment speaks for itself.

Remember this?

And as for hunting, why do the anti's feel that the only reason for a firearm is to hunt? Why doesn't self-defense ever come to mind?

Part of the problem with the discussion of the Second Amendment is often -- dare I say it? -- the very people who are pro-gun. There is an uneducated, macho, chest-thumping, strident, nativist streak running through that set that turns off a lot of people. It's a classic case of some people being their own worst enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Part of the problem with the discussion of the Second Amendment is often -- dare I say it? -- the very people who are pro-gun. There is an uneducated, macho, chest-thumping, strident, nativist streak running through that set that turns off a lot of people. It's a classic case of some people being their own worst enemies.
    Those are the people the MSM WANT to interview.

It causes friction, which generates viewers/listeners/readers.

Why interview someone well-spoken like John Stossel or John Lott if they won't generate buzz?

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    Why interview someone well-spoken like John Stossel or John Lott ... ?
    Because Stossel is a gaping azzhole.

I don't understand what the big deal is.
    The "big deal" is that there are 4 US SC Justices who believe there is wording in the Constitution and its 2nd Amendment that can be interpreted to allow a restriction on the rights of any law-abiding citizen to legally own a gun for self-defense - regardless of where they live.

Those are the people the MSM WANT to interview.

It causes friction, which generates viewers/listeners/readers.

Why interview someone well-spoken like John Stossel or John Lott if they won't generate buzz?
    Seriously, though, it's not just the MSM. It's something I encounter on this forum quite a bit.

Seriously, though, it's not just the MSM. It's something I encounter on this forum quite a bit.
    I won't speak for other forumers here [[yes, I did catch the sarcasm above).

But I have observed this first hand on most of the media outlets that have gotten the "man-on-the-street" take on this ruling.

I won't speak for other forumers here [[yes, I did catch the sarcasm above).

But I have observed this first hand on most of the media outlets that have gotten the "man-on-the-street" take on this ruling.
    That is something you seldom see. Point taken. But I still think the gun-rights folks should smooth their act out a little, make their points, and stop framing it as a front in the "culture wars" or something.

Retroit Guest

The only gun owners you need to worry about are the criminals. Most gun owners that I associate with are educated, humble, law-abiding, and proud to be American.

Yeah, I'm talking about this sort of stuff ...

http://www.zazzle.com/when_you_pr~~~...55523749780563

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I don't understand what the big deal is. Folks such as yourself have been going ballistic ever since Obama became president thinking he was going to take your guns from you , or take your bullets, or put you government re-education camps to teach you the joys of life without guns, whatever.

These sort of people read radical Internet sites and believe the propaganda that is put out. Then, you got the mainstream media, like Fox and AM radio that play upon these fears and it adds a certain amount of credibility to those who choose to drink the kool-aid.

There never was any plan by Obama to seize guns from personal citizens, yet I personally know 14 people who buy into this myth. And, judging by their jokes, the biggest reason they buy into the lies is because we have a black president with an ethnic sounding name, therefore, he must be anti-Christian and anti-American.

"By a 5-4 vote"
    That's pretty damn close.
    Swap out one more Justice in the next couple of years, and the direction of the country, and the interpretation of the Constitution, will drastically change.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    These sort of people read radical Internet sites and believe the propaganda that is put out. Then, you got the mainstream media, like Fox and AM radio that play upon these fears and it adds a certain amount of credibility to those who choose to drink the kool-aid.

There never was any plan by Obama to seize guns from personal citizens, yet I personally know 14 people who buy into this myth. And, judging by their jokes, the biggest reason they buy into the lies is because we have a black president with an ethnic sounding name, therefore, he must be anti-Christian and anti-American.
    See my post above for link about Obama's prior actions regarding this.

Quote: "There is an uneducated, macho, chest-thumping, strident, nativist streak running through that set that turns off a lot of people."

Ahh the definition of "patriotism". The same folks that built this country and have kept it safe for you to live in. You and yours would have handed it over, capitulated to whomever, eons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "There is an uneducated, macho, chest-thumping, strident, nativist streak running through that set that turns off a lot of people."

Ahh the definition of "patriotism". The same folks that built this country and have kept it safe for you to live in. You and yours would have handed it over eons ago.
    BS. Real patriots are uneducated? Real patriots are nativist xenophobes? Yuck.

lincoln8740 Guest

BS. Real patriots are uneducated? Real patriots are nativist xenophobes? Yuck.
    Detroitnerd and the other leftists lost a big one today and they are still smug with their elitists noses in the air.

"oh the hillbillies may still be able to shoot bambi, so classless, may I have another 4$ latte please?"

or

"oh those people that want to shoot criminals that break into their homes, don't they understand that we must find the root of why the robber is breaking in and not take his life, so barbaric!"

Great day for the constitution and individuals that like to hunt and protect their families!

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    From the article referenced: "By a 5-4 vote, the justices cast doubt on handgun bans in the Chicago area, but signaled that some limitations on the Constitution's "right to keep and bear arms" could survive legal challenges."

Typical ploy. Grant you something you already have, before they take something away.
    I really don't have a problem with this portion. It is now an established right and liberal communities will now have to think twice before they pass some bat-shit crazy law like they did in chicago or DC because it will be very expensive to defend and they are on the hook to prove why the rights of its citizens should be abridged.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    Detroitnerd and the other leftists lost a big one today and they are still smug with their elitists noses in the air.
    Sorry, Lincoln. I'm pro-gun. See what a fool you are?

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    This sentence proves you are a tool of the right wing nuts, as you lump anyone who fails to embrace your narrow views as un-American, anti-patriot and a "leftist".

I happen to be pro-gun ownership, pro-life and a Christian, yet I see that the conservative activist judges on the Scotus committed a major fumble today.

You and the fringe right can continue to play your fiddle for another day.

another gun-totin' liberal here

John Stossel is well-spoken? If you consider vitriolic demagogging well-spoken, I guess you are right

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast