Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 50% off @ Small Plates!

Today's Groupon is for Small Plates I love going there after a show at the Opera House.

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1315497

$40 worth of food & drink for $20. The groupon expires in November, but as with all groupons, you only have 24 hours to sign up for each offer [[so you only have until midnight to buy this one).

HAH! Panera Bread is offering a 'Honor System' pay as you want or free food for the poor tactic. It's woking really good that it proposing to build a new Honor System location somewhere in Metro Detroit Area.

Anyone have feedback on Groupon vs. Living Social? Someone the other day was asking me about a comparison of the 2, but I've never used Living Social. Any feedback from someone who has?

cool... what has your experience been with groupon? I've always found there is a bit of trouble/confusion whenever I use a gift card at a restaurant, for whatever reason

My personal experience has been great. I bought several, and have used a few: Angelina's, Ackroyd's Scottish Bakery, Mudgie's, Preservation Wayne tours, and Kim's Produce.

They were easy to redeem, I just printed them off my computer and handed them to the cashier/waiter when the bill came. I still have several I haven't used yet. The ones that haven't been used are just sitting in my account, waiting to be printed. I think there's also an iphone app that you can use [[I'm not that fancy) that you don't even need a printer for.

I want to thank the person that mentioned Groupon several weeks back here on DY. The deals are fabulous and everyday I can't wait to see what wonderful offerings are served up in my daily Groupon email. Ernie Harwell CDs, teeth whitening, horseback riding lessons and now Small Plates. I am going to be a busy girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    My personal experience has been great. I bought several, and have used a few: Angelina's, Ackroyd's Scottish Bakery, Mudgie's, Preservation Wayne tours, and Kim's Produce.

They were easy to redeem, I just printed them off my computer and handed them to the cashier/waiter when the bill came. I still have several I haven't used yet. The ones that haven't been used are just sitting in my account, waiting to be printed. I think there's also an iphone app that you can use [[I'm not that fancy) that you don't even need a printer for.
    I have also had great experiences with my goupons for Mudgies, preservation wayne and Kims

I've used groupon serveral times without any problems.

Thanks for mentioning this, REL! I'm sorry to have missed the Small Plates offer, but am looking forward to getting the notifications for other great deals...

Normally I haven't had any problem with Groupon but I did try to go on a Preservation Wayne tour - called twice and left message to no avail.

We went to Small Plates for dinner tonite. The coupon covered 4 "small plates" and 2 non alcoholic bevs. A nice leisurely meal that was fabulous. Wish I had purchased another Groupon!

It was only one per person. Unless you had a friend or spouse to help you out, that was as many as you could get.