Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Motorcycle burnouts in Metro Detroit

http://tinyurl.com/MotorcycleBurnout

Video of an amazing burnout done on a Harley in a parking lot with over 600 other bikers watching and cheering at Boomers Roadhouse in Waterford.

Nick Lee of Wisconsin made his 1st visit to Metro Detroit last Thursday to show how burnouts are really done.
    Lee started the World Burnout Tour to travel the USA doing "old school style" burnouts on his Harley. He wants to keep alive a tradition he sees is dying. With intense heat from the burnout, he can take a new tire burn it straight for 7 minutes in front of large crowds creating lots of smoke and smiles.
    ERIC SEALS/Detroit Free Press

To each his own.

um......yeah I guess........

I would hate for that important tradition to burn out.

Default Give a hoot...

Its a lot more entertaining than watching an incinerator stack do its thing...

Could be considered art really. And the cue in the anti-suburb comments in 5..4..3..

Its better to burn out, than it is to rust

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Could be considered art really. And the cue in the anti-suburb comments in 5..4..3..
    How fitting that the "World Burnout Tour" would have a stopover in Waterford.

Not my thing either, but it looks more entertaining than soccer!

It is fitting and next stop is the Silverdome at the end of July. I hear there is lots of parking space there to do it in :-)

When I saw the title of this topic, I at first thought it was about a bunch of biker dudes who'd indulged in the local shrubbery too often for too long, and wondered why they were gathering in the Detroit area. I see I had the wrong definition of burnout, sorry. LOL

no worries, I was trying to think of a catchy title and that was the best I could do. I saw weed there but it's the kind that grows in cracks of pavement and you put your favorite weed killer from Home Depot on it LOL!!!

Dumb.

Too few letters in message. Try again.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

If that's meant for me Ray1936....seems like you have all the answers, good for you ;-)

[[and go ahead and read a big dose of sarcasm in that)

Braindead.

yep, that sums it all up ;-)

Ha ha. I think it rates with the sport of peeing while drunk.

I was thinking of going on a world tour too ....

hey, if it makes you some $$$$.......

What a waste of a perfectly decent rear tire.....

Decent rear tire? At $200 tire I'd say good rear tire although he told me he is sponsored so it the cost doesn't come out of his pocket :-)

Give the guy a break people.

No thread can be worse than Danny's de-annexing of Corktown thread.

LOL!!! If my thread about a Harley burning out comes in second to de-annexing Corktown as the worst thread ever, that's a good thing :-)

And at least my thread had a video for people to watch plus the video is getting lots of views just from Detroit YES which was my goal....http://tinyurl.com/MotorcycleBurnout <----[[shameless plug here)

For my 2 cents Corktown should just go ahead and secede from the Union.
    Last edited by torbusto; June-29-10 at 08:40 AM. Reason: grammer error

Torbusto wrote:
    >>And at least my thread had a video for people to watch plus the video is getting lots of views just from Detroit YES which was my goal....

I feel so ... dirty.

entertaining - that's all that it's supposed to be people.

"does anyone remember laughter?"

- Robert Anthony Plant

And what if some mod hipster did that at some abandoned factory lot in Detroit on a Vespa? Would you think it was "cool" and unique or would you think it's lame?

Quote Originally Posted by torbusto View Post
    If that's meant for me Ray1936....seems like you have all the answers, good for you ;-)

[[and go ahead and read a big dose of sarcasm in that)
    No, that was not meant for you, torbusto. Sorry you read it that way. It was just for the 'event' itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast