Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Pictures from the GSCC fair

Well after the weather calmed down [[tried leaving at 2:00 p.m. and got halfway there and heard a tornado warning on 97.1 so I went back home for a bit), I arrived at the GSCC's first annual street fair. Had a great time; lots of things to do and a lot of great food [[the carrot cake was YUM!)

Took a few pictures [[sorry Bluidone, thought I got you and hubby but no luck, sorry)

Here is Cub and I [[sans Gannon 'do):

Water Balloons! Kids had a blast here.

View towards the Community Center:

Getting ready for the magic show:

This guy was pretty good!

Have a few more, but they're essentially the same shots.
    If you get a chance, try and attend one of the GSCC's events. I think you'll have a good time!

Dave and I stopped by late in the afternoon...

What a terrific job by great Cub, Blueidone and hubby, and all the volunteers!!!

Enjoyed the food...the musical entertainment...and visiting with folks.

Way to go, GSCC!!!

I'm glad you guys didn't have a rain out.

Blueidone, you made some really beautiful crafts! Thanks to everyone who made the fair fun for the neighborhood.

Glad to hear everything went so well. I wish I had been there!

Here are a few of the photos I took at the Street Fair on Sunday....

great pix guys

Thanks for the pics, Roq & Kathleen! As usual, I never unpacked my camera! :-)

That looks like a fantastic event! What fun for the neighborhood. Thx for sharing the pictures.

What group are the blue t-shirt people from?

Here's the website listed on their shirts: http://www.iicdmichigan.org/
    and I see the GSCC logo on their website.

Maybe Blueidone or Cub can provide some additional info...

The Institute for International Cooperation and Development [[IICD) helped tremendously with this event. They provided the International Taste Fest...samples of food from around the world..including some scrumptious candy from Brazil. They provided the goods, prepared and served the food. They also provided the face painters, origami lessons, the carnival games, magicians and musicians. They also came out a few weeks early and passed out flyers door to door. They attended the Social Forum and spread the word about our event there as well.

And for two days before the event, they came out and helped clean up the area and the Garden. They are a great bunch of people!

All of this at absolutely no charge to GSCC! We can't thank them enough for helping out. And they promised to help us out again in the future.

This is a group of individuals from around the world...I forget all the countries...but they go around volunteering where they can. Their website can offer more information.

Great pics Kathleen! I was wondering about the "blue shirt" people too thanks for the info Blue.

Some trouble makers in 21.jpg!!

Stromberg2

Not trouble makers, Stromberg...we were just all wondering where YOU were!

Out causing trouble....actually, had to be at the Edsel Ford Mansion for a function. Hope you all had a good time and I'll come next year. Actually, I have to go by there soon, because I gotta see the garden. Everything looks great!

Stromberg2

Look forward to seeing you!