Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default St. Claire fireworks stabbing

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/24056013/detail.html

I swear this entire region is going bonkers.

I don't see that kind of thing as regional. Welcome to Planet Earth. We may just be better informed than we used to be, our society is becoming a lot more "raw" in some ways, or maybe it is a combination of the two?

FWIW, there is a theory I heard on NPR a while back according to which young people nowadays receive less socialization in their early childhood years due to their spending less time with their peers, and spending more time isolated in a room in front of a video game or computer. This was thought to lead to the "bullying epidemic" [[remember that bullying thing in Massachusetts? One of the girls got tied up and tortured?) I don't mean to say you can't interact with people over the internet, but it's an overarching theory that sounded like it might have some merit. Meanwhile, parents meaninglessly try to ban sexting.

In any event, I don't think it's a regional issue.

For the record....It was in St. Clair Shores Not St. Clair........St Clair's fireworks is on July 4th at dusk

Nice park. I walk there often and have enjoyed the sunrise over the Lake. Peaceful and quiet.

That sounds like a Jerry Springer situation that had nothing to do with the fireworks. Idiots will always be idiots, no matter where they meet up.
    It was also a badly written story.

The comments over there are so typical.