Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Corktown's Elena Herrada comparison of the Border Patrol to the KKK...

This You Tube video has Elena Herrada of Detroit comparing the Border Patrol to the KKK. Such rhetoric is the trademark of the far Left and Right. Instead speaking in sober terms about issues, the zealots of the fringes try to score points with their narrow base of followers.

What I found embarrassing about Elena's remarks is that I know her from my days in Corktown. But then knowing that she is committed proponent of Latino ethnic chauvinism [[she's half Irish) and a foe of "anglo" culture, her absurd comparison of the Border Patrol to the KKK struck as being like that of the Left and Right's over use of the Nazi thing. That didn't surprise me, but, yet, it still embarrasses me to here such theater from someone that I know.

Those that know Elena may feel free to correct me, or attempt to correct me, on my takes about her.
    Last edited by Al Publican; June-26-10 at 10:32 PM.

This is the link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlNBCUe9Avk

Another shining example from the USSF.

The fact that something like that was said and no one on the stage or in the audience called her on it just goes to prove once more that the USSF was nothing but an embarrassment.

Some people think they have to exaggerate to get attention.
    Stuff has been going on since before people have been trying to hog the spotlights in the media. Problem is things get distorted and message is lost.
    Push back can also get worse and make things even more muddled.
    Original message is forgotten and not attended to.

I would just let that one go and move on.

Edit: Not Daddeo's comment. Elena's Herrada's comment.
    Last edited by fryar; June-27-10 at 06:29 PM.

What is the USSF?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    What is the USSF?
    The US Soccer Federation?

United States Social Forum,,,,dont you read the best paper in the world : Detroit Free Press

Bob66, after a half century in Detroit [[City of), I am not longer a Michigander. But I follow Detroit and Mich happenings. Wuz happening, baby? [[wink)

What a joke. Does she really believe the words that are coming out of her mouth?

There's nothing wrong with opposing the Arizona law. There are a lot of different opinions about immigration, but Border Patrol is necessary to see who might be going in and out of our country. They are far from the KKK. I would venture to guess that the Border Patrol is not 100% WASP [[White Anglo Saxon Protestant) as she is assuming either.

Just a bizarre, biased, unfair, and ignorant comment all around.

I wonder if she realizes that the Border Patrol officers serve our country. The men who serve our country are the ones who make it possible for her to spew this nonsensical drivel.
    Last edited by LeannaM; June-28-10 at 02:25 PM.

9mile&seneca Guest

An aquaintance of mine,[[wife's best friend's next door neighber) parents were killed by drunk driver/"undocumented worker" about 2 months ago. We were staying at their house for the weekend when the accident occured. When they got the call, I said "He'll bond out and never be seen again." A month later, what do ya know, he didn't show up for his trial. They can't find him. If I get a DUI and get my license revoked I'm going to drive anyway and call myself an undocumented driver. I'll only drive Chryslers and say that I only drive cars American's won't drive.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 9mile&seneca View Post
    An aquaintance of mine,[[wife's best friend's next door neighber) parents were killed by drunk driver/"undocumented worker" about 2 months ago. We were staying at their house for the weekend when the accident occured. When they got the call, I said "He'll bond out and never be seen again." A month later, what do ya know, he didn't show up for his trial. They can't find him. If I get a DUI and get my license revoked I'm going to drive anyway and call myself an undocumented driver. I'll only drive Chryslers and say that I only drive cars American's won't drive.
    Cool story, bro.

Elena Herrada is an example of why I soured on the Left in Detroit in the early '80s. I still have acquaintances from Detroit's Left going back to the '70s, some of which I still socialize with. But some like Elena strike me as being the Left equivalent to "Nervous Glennie" [[my moniker for him) Beck on the far Right. Too much off their agendas are based on fear rather than Reason. [[A lil' plug there for Reason magazine.)

9mile&seneca Guest

Someone should have asked Senator Byrd D. WV, [[ He was not respiratory challenged then) what he, as a former klansman thought about her remarks.

9Mile, Bryd might have said, "Ah...thin'...yo off base...ah-ha ah-ha [[breathing break)...Miss Elena Rooos-a-vet...Miss Geraldo...wiss yo speakin' about the Ka-Ka-Ka so lytely...now if yo don't mind...I'd like to pass...