Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Jazzin' on Jefferson Today! [[June 26 & 27)

If you like Jazz and want to explore the city a bit, Jazzin' on Jefferson is this weekend.

You can get full details at their website:

http://www.jazzinonjefferson.com/

I will be there sometime today, maybe around 7 pm. It's between Conner and Alter, close to Alter.

I'll be there tonight probably around 6pm or so...Dave [[aka The Grillmaster) is playing with Thornetta Davis at 7pm.

Hope to see some of you there!!!

And I am sitting there watching Thornetta Davis dish it out and who walks up and says "Hi"? It's Kathleen! We had a nice discussion about Baker's and other jazz places.

We also saw the beginning of a street fight, [[wife saw the 1st or 3rd punch, I just saw people running) complete with racing paddy wagons and ambulances. And we saw a garage burn to the ground with four fire trucks and multiple police keeping order and helping prevent any of the nearby beautiful houses from going up in flame. People who saw it said there was an explosion. And then an electrical explosion. The woman we talked to seemed to be an expert on smoke. She said wood smoke was black, electrical fires were white and chemical fires had green smoke. Voice of experience I guess.

All in all, it was a beautiful, peaceful jazz festival. Great music on East Jefferson.

I hope to be there this afternoon, weather permitting.

Nice to see you, Rick! And to meet your wife. Enjoyed the conversation!!

Dave and I may swing by late this afternoon to catch Sky, RJ, and Hot Club...between the raindrops!!!

Early evening on Jefferson...after some heavy rains moved through the area...not nearly as many people as on Saturday...but more great music to enjoy!!! RJ Spangler & Friends...Sky Covington...Hot Club of Detroit!!!

Vic: Nice to see you! Enjoyed catching up with you!!

Y'know, Kathleen it seems that whenever I run into you and Dave there's music playing and I'm smiling so hard it almost hurts. No wonder it's so much fun.

And Rick, how the hell many years has it been since I've seen you? We graduated in 1974, and it might be that long ago ...

Loved seeing Thornetta Davis play with Dave, and dancing with Kathleen!

Hi Vic,
    I remember seeing you at a Detroit Blues Society Meeting at the Music Menu hmmmm maybe 5 years ago. Sorry I missed you at the Jefferson Jazzn.