Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Where was Bear Archery located in Detroit??

Been doing a little research on Fred and his company, does anyone know of the whereabouts of any of his shops here? Someone said on 7 mile?

Fred Bear came to Detroit in 1932 to work as a pattern maker for the Packard Motor Car Company.

Take a look at this web site for a timeline of his business.
    http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/pub...apa_Bear.shtml

He seemed to move from place to place as his business grew. This timeline does not give addresses, rather it mentions the nearest cross streets. That could narrow down your search.

Best of luck.

I remember "The Bow Rack" on Harper north of 13 mi rd .Fred used to own it

I thought there was a store on Grand River, about 2 blocks east of Wyoming [[s side of Grand River) adjacent to the Arizona Saddlery Store...this would be circa 1965-69...

Thanks for that link Packman 41. Nice read

I remember the store on Grand River...