Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over

29 70.73%
  • Under

8 19.51%
  • Neither [[will explain in thread)

4 9.76%
  • Toilet paper? People still use that? I never have, nor do I wash my hands...

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Toilet Paper: Over or Under

I've been having a very serious problem lately and I need to know which way I should install the toilet paper on the spool. Currently I have it overhand, but I prefer it to be underhand. On the very next roll, best believe it will be installed underhand. But does it matter to you? With all the problems going on in the world today we must fix this very crucial issue so people everywhere in the world won't have to be confused anymore.

Over or under?

This thread was inspired by the following link: http://currentconfig.com/2005/02/22/...nder-is-wrong/

Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; June-23-10 at 04:47 PM.

It's all in what you are used to. Either is fine, just keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    It's all in what you are used to. Either is fine, just keep it that way.
    No, you can't take a moderate stance in this thread. You're either a member of the over party or the under party. Wait, strike that ...

does the red and blue have significance [[ in the poll results)? LOL...

Nobody's ever convinced me that it matters.

over but when the kids were little, under. that roll used to fly when they were using it

I just want the damn roll to be there...and more than 1 sheet left on the cardboard tube please.

Over!! :-)

Definitely OVER.

Retroit Guest

I heard Bush prefers "over" and Obama prefers "under" if that matters to anyone [[except East Detroit).

..and I like pizza.

Just set it on the counter top. Problem solved.

First thought: What a dumb thread.

Second thought: We need more TP upstairs!

Sincerely. Thanks for the reminder!

Gotta be over. It's harder to find the end sometimes when it's under.

If it's of any help, Scott Paper, as part of a recent advertising campaign, took a poll of tp users, and the vast majority said "over". I forget the numbers, but it was something like 80/20.

Under for me!

TP should always be over, just like a roll of paper towel. I make the association because, if you notice, the paper towel folks do not put their cutesy designs on the inside of the sheets. Have to be in Over Position to see the "art."

Plus over makes it easier to find the end of the roll [[as already stated by jerrytimes).

I prefer the Over position; however, the cat likes that position as well and he will unspool the TP if it is in that position. So in the spirit of conversing paper resources and in keeping Al Gore happy, I use the Under position.

Connected but off-topic, I would like the TP companies to imprint their logos on the cardboard role. When the end of the roll comes around I can never remember the brand and am reduced to taking a square to the store and try to match patterns.

The best hotels in the world have over.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    over but when the kids were little, under. that roll used to fly when they were using it
    Just a helpful hint from my Depression Era relatives: if you squeeze the roll hard enough to deform the cardboard before putting it on the holder, it won't roll so easy.

^^^good idea^^^

Gnome, I trust that square you take to the store to match patterns is unused? Come to think of it, there are a few stores I'd like to take a soiled square to drop off.

if you have a cat and put the TP "over", it will soon be a pile of shredded TP on the floor. yeah, it is "easier" to use it in the "over" position, but pets change the equation.

Rule #1, don't be like one of those late sisterly advice columnists who said she would actually change the toilet paper in someone elses house if they installed it in the "under" position

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    I heard Bush prefers "over" and Obama prefers "under" if that matters to anyone [[except East Detroit).

..and I like pizza.
    I've noticed your "i like pizza" thing.

reminds me of the Mutants

downriveria, I believe the custom of reusing toilet paper is solely the practice of Melvindalites, Trentonians, Wyandoters and other denizens of the great swamp south of 94.

However, thank you for your advice, I will confer with my betters and give it all the consideration it deserves.

The problem is that if you buy TP in multipacks, once you discard the wrapping, one has no idea as to the brand. Moreover, if you buy 98 rolls at once, by the time you run out of the white stuff, one can't remember what the original packaging looked like.

I know this sounds a tad sexist, but ladies spend more time considering what is the best TP. If left to men, the TP industry would consist of two brands: emergency and everything else. In fact, TP might not have even advanced beyond the sears catalog or brown paper stage.

As the shopper in the family, I try to make the bride content by buying the TP that makes her happiest. After getting a dressing down over my woeful disregard for her comfort, I now appreciate the need to buy the correct brand.

It is complicated being a modern man.

This thread is comedy. However, far too many of you want the over instead of the under. I know who's house not to come visit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast