Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: earthquake?

Default earthquake?

anyone else feel that a second ago?

I swear I just felt one about 5 minutes ago!

It felt like something huge, like a semi-truck was moving around here at work downstairs, but the thing is, we don't have a downstairs!

I've felt earthquakes before, and that definitely felt like an earthquake.
    Last edited by johnsmith; June-23-10 at 12:55 PM.

There are about a half-dozen of us on the sixth floor of the Compuware building all wondering the same thing!

-- Tim

i felt a slight tremor in Allen Park,

I felt it from the Guardian Building.

The RenCen was shaking. I thought I might have had too much to drink at lunch until I remembered I didn't go out to lunch!

Shook in Bloomfield Hills...

I felt something. I'm glad it wasn't a dizzy spell.

Dammit. I didn't feel anything.

I'm on the 7th floor in midtown. It was pretty noticeable.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...80.-70_eqs.php

it says it was centered in Cumberland, Canada. I wonder how long it takes for these things to travel...it seems like we felt it here a few minutes after it happened there.

I didn't feel it [[probably assumed some fat person was walking by my desk) but there are people in my building who say they felt it up here in Downtown Flint.

we felt it here in southfield!

Yeah. I wrote down the time. I felt it at 1:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    The RenCen was shaking. I thought I might have had too much to drink at lunch until I remembered I didn't go out to lunch!
    how in the heck did i miss it

Didn't feel it. I'm heading to Belle Isle to play handball. Should I be concerned about a Lake St. Clair tsunami?

We do get earthquakes in Michigan even in Detroit [[rarely). There are some smaller faults even far from and Canada to New Madrid. Brace yourselves for thr BIG ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Didn't feel it. I'm heading to Belle Isle to play handball. Should I be concerned about a Lake St. Clair tsunami?
    Yes, A small underwater quake that is 4.0 in the Richter Scale can shake our great lakes even Lake St. Clair.

Missed it, but one of my colleagues was freaked out by it.

I felt it here in Royal Oak, I was in the bathroom and yada, yada, yada, I was wondering why I was moving against my will.

Nothing here in Ann Arbor. Darn it!

Felt in in Farmington Hills in our offices at 12 Mile and Drake. My colleagues and I commented on it, and even recalled past earthquake tremors experienced. But pretty much laughed it off. Surprised to find out that there really was an earthquake!!

Felt a very definite swaying motion on the third floor of an old auto factory building at I-75 and I-94. At first I thought I was feeling dizzy from the chicken salad I just ate, but then I could hear creaking in the walls. I've either been out of town, or never felt the other earthquakes we've had in Detroit. This was pretty cool!

Nothing in Grosse Pointe Woods. My wife works near downtown and her building was evacuated for the day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast