Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default I'm staying because...

I'm not sure if this would go in the Detroit forum or the Non-Detroit forum. It's a little of both.

I found this blog, which is interesting and entertaining. It's about St. Louis.
    http://stayinginstl.com/

It got me thinking, why do you stay in Detroit?

because I can't get a Boston Cooler in Boston

... because I have family here and I like the climate.

Partly because I love living here, partly because the people here are wonderful, partly because the area has so much to offer, partly because I can live in a very nice house with a good size lot while earning only a moderate income, something I would not be able to do in many US cities.

Retroit Guest

...because every place else sucks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    ...because every place else sucks too.
    I love that perspective!! I never thought of it that way but you have a point. At least it's nice to live somewhere that sucks and is affordable rather than somewhere that sucks and is expensive. Thanks, Retroit.

People used to say back in the late 70's when the economy tanked and they were packing to leave. "If I'm going to be broke, I might as well be where it's warm"

Michigan Guest

I can't sell my house.

Family! Also, nonfamily! I like the people in Michigan much better than any other place I've lived. There's a greater sense of camaraderie here. We should sell tickets to that. The history and architecture are a bonus.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-23-10 at 09:41 PM.