Here's an interesting advice column question with a local tie....maybe someone in your family passed along the answer??

On this Father's Day, the Annie's Mailbox advice column includes a letter from former Detroiter Walt Paluch, now living in Montgomery, Alabama:

Dear Annie: I read the column you printed on Mother's Day, and one of your readers asked you for the words to the song "M-O-T-H-E-R." I, too, need your help in finding the words to a song.

As an elementary student at the Sweetest Heart of Mary school in Detroit during the 1940s, our third-grade class sang a song to honor our fathers. My memory says it was similar to the one for mothers and began, "Song writers write about mothers, songs that are touching and sad, but no one writes songs about fathers, so I'll sing this song to my dad. F is for the..." My memory fails me at this point.

I would be delighted if you could help. - Walt Paluch, Montgomery, Ala.

Dear Walt: You sent us on quite a chase. We contacted Norman Lamberti, Sweetest Heart of Mary Class of 1957 and president of the alumni association. What a doll! He told us that when you were there, classes were taught in Polish. Although the school no longer exists, Norman was kind enough to have someone look into the school archives and translate the songs. Unfortunately, none matched yours. He also took the time to contact the oldest parishioners to see whether anyone could recollect this tune, but no luck. So, dear readers, if you are familiar with this song, please help Walt out and send us the words. We promise to print them.