Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Shadeless Town

Default Shadeless Town

Finally, after over 35 years of bickering, somehow, somebody decided to mow through the neighborhood and chop down tons of trees. Dead ones, for the most part, from what I've heard. Well, today I will get to see it first-hand as my friends been badgering me to come over and help out with removing piled-up branches and also to help in putting up fencing. Fencing which used to serve the purpose by those trees.

My only real concern is this: how does one adjust to the newly given sunlight without all them trees? Forget the fact that it is Father's Day, and that I should be being served pancakes in bed by the little chittlins' of mine. No. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, after 35 friggin years, The City finally come through the neighborhood and cut down a bunch of trees. And so I shall go over there and dig. Dirty work, ya know. "Can't be sitting on the porch anymore", mah friend say. "That sun crosses over and it's like a fucking oven up there, without those trees."

Once again, Detroit city services has come through in a big, big way. Causing more work for me. Wah. This is why god made Heineken I guess.

Dead trees are dangerous. Our neighbor's half dead cottonwood, one of several, fell on the power pole Friday night and knocked out the power to the whole neighborhood until yesterday afternoon. Now that side of our driveway is taped off because of the dangerous trees and power lines might fall down. Oh, well, at least we do have another side to the driveway.