Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

lilpup Guest

Default Batten down the hatches!!

We've got winds and stormy weather on the way!!

284,00 without power in Chicago, trees down all over South Bend, storm's already moved through K'zoo

http://www.intellicast.com/National/...x?animate=true

not true not true I HAVE A THREE DAY WEEKEND!

lilpup Guest

bow wave approaching Jackson - only about an hour away
    80 mph winds in Madison County, IN from this line

It's Detroit, the weather often turns bad on Friday afternoon.

It was windy but again exaggerated highest I saw was 38 mph we did have some sideways rain but it moved out quick and cooled things off. The outlying suburbs got hit so Wixom, Holly, Southgate...?

lilpup Guest

Washtenaw County sheriff is inundated with calls right now - trees down, traffic lights out, cars into poles and walls, structure fires including at least two lightening strikes on homes, wires down everywhere

one report of a tree down on a car with occupant critical

one report of an energized power line down on a leaking, burning propane tank
    Last edited by lilpup; June-18-10 at 09:02 PM.

This is a whopper of a storm front...I heard the weather reports driving into Duluth a few hours ago, it caused a bunch of tornadoes in southern MN. Didn't hear about anything else, but if it holds to old patterns...it'll hit y'all tonight or tomorrow.

I'll come back to help clean up the mess next week, but I'm hangin' in the UP for my marathon recovery.

Good luck...

Flew over Duluth a few hours ago - looked like a beautiful day there.

I'm watching the storm from Seattle, but it looks like it petered out as it crossed the city.

Lots of wind, rain, thunder and lighting here in Belleville. I haven't seen anything major here though. Near Dexter is where the tree fell on a car and the driver was killed...they just reported it on the news.

They seemed to weaken as they crossed Washtenaw into Wayne County.

Punched itself out before it got here. Sirens went off. Boy cried wolf. It is a pleasant drizzling junglely rain forest night tonight.