Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default WORLD CUP! Who's your second favorite team?

It's a beautiful game. Assuming most everyone here is rooting for the USA, which team is your second choice? I've enjoyed watching Argentina play; good teamwork, passing, great fans, and a coach who reminds me of a friend's Argentine father powered by pure emotion.

A good link to post in 'favorites' is FIFA WORLD CUP SOUTH AFRICA to keep up with the action.

South Africa! Hopefully the Bafana Bafana can recover from their 3-0 drubbing by Uruguay. BTW Bafana Bafana translates as Boys Boys.

1. Italy
    2. Brazil

I'll go with the fatherland, Germany. Some nice strikes in their first match, and playing with out one of their top players, Balak, who is injured.

USA shouldn't even be there. I hope they go down in flames. France and England are my choices.

Default notice

USA vs. Algeria Thursday 6/24 10am EDT

England plays Slovenia a the same time. The outcome of these two games will determine which two of the the four teams will be eliminated from the remainder of World Cup competition.

Congatulations to South Africa and Serbia for beating France and Germany - two of the biggest upsets in the event. South Africa's win meant that France went home.

Go US. Go Argentina. I hope we meet.

Donovan's [[blue) goal against Slovenia
    Last edited by oladub; June-22-10 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Slovakia>Slovenia

Sorry. Couldn't care less. ZZZZzzzzzz..........

Hey Ray, did the Mets pounding the Tigers put you to sleep, too?

Brazil is #1. No other team matters....

USA is beating their opponents and the officials. Thats never easy, just ask the Red Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Hey Ray, did the Mets pounding the Tigers put you to sleep, too?

Both nights. zzzzzzz.........

Italy is gone.

USA went about as far as they could without a quality striker. You can't keep playing from behind either. Go Germany!

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Assuming most everyone here is rooting for the USA...
    Bad assumption on this forum.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!111!!!!111

We beat:

YEAAHHHH!!!!

Last edited by Whitehouse; July-02-10 at 04:22 PM.

The Netherlands beat Brazil. They must have been high on weed.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    The Netherlands beat Brazil. They must have been high on weed.

No, that came after the match!

Whitehouse, Congratulations! Your team played well. The double headed goal was picture perfect. Nice workmanship and composure.

Got some more funfacts:
    * Holland beat Brazil for the second time in a Worldcup tournament. [[First was in 1974)
    * First loss of Brazil on the southern hemisphere in 60 years.
    * First loss of Brazil outside Europe since 1950.
    * Third Worldcup match of the Netherlands in which they overcame a goal behind.
    * 24rd game of the Netherlands without defeat in a row.Of the last 41 games, Netherlands only lost one.
    * Filipe Melo's own goal was the very first own goal of Brazil in 97 worldcup matches. [[Later the goal was awarded to Sneijder, so I don't think it counts anymore.)
    * Andre Ooijer set a new record as the oldest fieldplayer of the Netherlands ever in a worldcup match at the age of 35 years and 356 days. All time record is for keeper Jan Jongbloed of the 1978 squad at the age of 37 years and 212 days.

sour losers...

And you won't win much at the bookies. Netherlands is now rated 2 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Whitehouse, Congratulations! Your team played well. The double headed goal was picture perfect. Nice workmanship and composure.
    Not according to the pundits. They think the team only played like 75% of what they are capable of. And I think they're right. The first half we were very lucky not to trail with more than one goal. In the second half Brazil were routed. Especially after the 76th minute. What a rediculous foul, rightly deserved the red card.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; July-03-10 at 09:07 PM.

It's Spain v. Netherlands. The Netherlands kicked Spain's butt in the1582, now they can do it again

Er... I did not have time to respond yet so....

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

If we win the worldcup there's going to be a canal cruise in Amsterdam with the team and more than one million poeple are expected!! The simifinal was watched by 12,3 million viewers, out of a population of 16,5 million!

Check out what happened in 1988, after winning the eurpean Championship.

Today the German octopus predicted Spain to win. But I don't believe in superstition cause that brings bad luck! Hahahhahaha!!! OMGLOLBBQ!
    Last edited by Whitehouse; July-09-10 at 10:11 AM.

Whitehouse, But if Paul is correct, and German octopusses alway are, your welcome home canal cruise will look more like this. If he is wrong, of course, Paul will have to go back to working in a Hamburg car wash.

A female stand-up comedian over here said her clam [[direct translation of slang for pussy) said the Netherlands was going to win.

I've now seen other footage of a parrot and a Belgian Octopus choosing The Netherlands as winners.

Of course; I don't believe in superstition.... It brings bad luck....
    Last edited by Whitehouse; July-10-10 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast