Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What makes you happy?

Simple question.

checkraisej Guest

Baseball, beer, and a set of large cans.

just hanging with my hubby and kids [[no arguring), having a vodka and cranberry and playing volleyball in the pool. It would be better if my folks were alive to see what great grandkids they have.

how 'bout you jams?

Retroit Guest

Not having to read posts by ghettopalmetto or Detroitnerd.

...and pizza.

Doing something that no one else is able to do. It rarely happens but oh what a feeling when it does!

seeing something beautiful in a totally unexpected place

I saw a bunny hopping around someone's yard this morning.

My volunteer work with The Miracle league of Michigan. I -- and we -- have been at it for seven years now. Come join us!

www.michiganmiracle.org

First and foremost my wife Nancy...and buying a bunch of comic books at Green Brain comics in particular...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_doucette View Post
    My volunteer work with The Miracle league of Michigan. I -- and we -- have been at it for seven years now. Come join us!

www.michiganmiracle.org
    Vic_doucette you are model human being AND I MEAN THAT! What a wonderful organization.....

Money. Except God, that's the only type of power that trumps all on earth, and it has the biggest mouth I know of.

I like to have my own and do for myself. I personally hate dealing with people because in general they're petty [[flip on you in a heartbeat) and will hold the fact that they "helped" you over your head for the rest of your life.

I made a list of things I LIKE to do, and then distilled it down to stuff I LOVE to do...in order to make a plan for the second half of my life.

This is the essence of what makes me happy, roughly a third of that 'LIKE' listing:

Do Random Things
    Flirt with the Creator
    Pursue Spiritual and Mystical Things
    Run/Jog/Walk/Bike/Surf/Ski/Sail/Drive
    Meet Open and Honest People
    Mix and Record Live Music
    Play with Hifi Gear

I'm going to put all of my efforts into these for a while...and create businesses which enable at least some of them to make some form of profit or trade to enable my life and living to be drawn from them...and help my family, friends, and neighbors in some way to achieve THEIR likes and loves in life.

Cheers...I haven't seen YOUR answer yet, Jams!

Nothing or no one makes me happy. I choose to be happy..

The sociologist in me prefers to ask questions, not answer them.

I know what works as truth serum with you...heh...and will apply some as soon as I get back to town...ve haff VAYS of mekking you tawk...

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Not having to read posts by ghettopalmetto or Detroitnerd.

...and pizza.

I typically disagree with just about all of your comments, Retroit - but this one was dead on!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    I typically disagree with just about all of your comments, Retroit - but this one was dead on!!
    Hey, that's not fair! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Michigan Guest

My Faith
    My husband
    My family
    My friends
    My kitties

brand new SOCKS

Have you tried bamboo socks? They are incredible!

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I made a list of things I LIKE to do, and then distilled it down to stuff I LOVE to do...in order to make a plan for the second half of my life.

This is the essence of what makes me happy, roughly a third of that 'LIKE' listing:

Do Random Things
    Flirt with the Creator
    Pursue Spiritual and Mystical Things
    Run/Jog/Walk/Bike/Surf/Ski/Sail/Drive
    Meet Open and Honest People
    Mix and Record Live Music
    Play with Hifi Gear

I'm going to put all of my efforts into these for a while...and create businesses which enable at least some of them to make some form of profit or trade to enable my life and living to be drawn from them...and help my family, friends, and neighbors in some way to achieve THEIR likes and loves in life.

You forgot to include your Vibram's Five Finger shoes.

[[Do they make bamboo socks for them? )

Hockey, vinyl records, CD's and music.

In about 48 hours I will trek to teh Ozarks for trout fishing on the white river...yep...that and cooking for my family on Christmas eve...doesn't get better than that ....

Hot, sunny weather with not a cloud in the sky and not a drop of rain in the forecast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast