Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Daily Show - June 15th - Obama gets hammered

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...-my-authoritah

Wow, John Stewart must have had an epiphany! He now sees that Obama ain't all that.
    Last edited by johnsmith; June-17-10 at 09:52 AM.

He was critical about his speech on yesterday's show as well. I like the bit he went through the last 8 presidents [[Nixon to Obama) all saying the same thing about getting a clean energy policy and getting rid of our dependance on foreign oil. Also showing the timeline to implement it increasing along with it.

Obama spoke against the settlements is Gaza, what do you expect? Did he have anything to say about Biden as well? He isn't signing off on the settlements neither.

Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    He was critical about his speech on yesterday's show as well. I like the bit he went through the last 8 presidents [[Nixon to Obama) all saying the same thing about getting a clean energy policy and getting rid of our dependance on foreign oil. Also showing the timeline to implement it increasing along with it.
    I saw a reference to that one but haven't watched it yet. Sounds good.

Here's a video of MSNBC [[of all networks) trashing Obama's gulf disaster speech:

"I Don't Sense Executive Command"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMCabtmHLyw

Daily Show: June 16, 2010: An Energy-Independent Future
    [[video mentioned by sturge above)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...pendent-future
    Last edited by johnsmith; June-17-10 at 10:32 AM.

joh that proves that liberals have a mind and can understand issues...now how would that play out with ultra Tea party conservatives...ummmm lemmings off to the sea... Obama still is handling this ten times better than the drill baby drill crowd would have offered [[ask the Texas senator who just apologized to BP)....what? oh yes Dutch help....[[who by the way had talked to Obama weeks earlier.... and another point on the tea party elite [[laughing to my self) if they are so much for limited government and states rights where are they now...why are they not helping fix this ..it is easy to use this as fodder for politics than to help in solutions...what are the states effected doing? hard to have it both ways...

Granted the Prez has to deal wtih the legacy of the chimp but he really hasn't done squat except add more gov't red tape. I think he has been a failure so far. Platitudes in his speeches are not going to save the USA or anyone else. Getting his gov't to do what is right will.

Is this news? The Daily Show makes fun of EVERYONE! They just do it more when people do crazier things.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Granted the Prez has to deal wtih the legacy of the chimp but he really hasn't done squat except add more gov't red tape. I think he has been a failure so far. Platitudes in his speeches are not going to save the USA or anyone else. Getting his gov't to do what is right will.
    Agreed. Thank you. I call Obama's attitude the 'arrogance of intellect'. He thinks he can accomplish great things just by being smart. He thinks he can persuade people by the dint of his intelligence. He hasn't shown any real fight since being elected. And he sure as hell hasn't done 'right'. He may even be a one termer.

I saw it too, it was really funny.
    I like the part where they superimposed Obama on the Mission Accomplished aircraft carrier

You have to take this show in context, though. He was quite the Bush/Republican basher, but after last night you have to give him credit [[for once) for calling it as he sees it, and not simply following partisan homage to the Democrat king.
    The Daily Show makes fun of EVERYONE!

And the "legacy" of Bush thing is not going to carry water forever. The postmortem approach can only go so far... and concern is not just coming from the usual suspects [[repubs, tea-party, right-winged) at this point.

you see many are confusing Obama's Hawaiian style with apathy...I have a friend and psychologist who was from Hawaii...his take on this is very interesting...don't confuse laid back with apathy...anger with visible signs of aggression....

Look he got 20 B in a meeting...he has not locked into hyper-verbally with no results...yes he is not a fiery rhetorical speaker..he doesn't respond to the lunacy of birthers...but he is seething on the inside and when he does move he moves with quite determination [[look at all the Al Qaeda that he has pursued wherever they are)...he didn't rush into conflict with Iran or North Korea...with inflammatory rhetoric...he was firm and fair with Israel....[[when our congress was bought and paid for by their interests)...the stimulus is showing signs but unemployment is pervasive ..but it is improving slightly ..and with the rock that was rolling down the hill the first step is stopping it...

has he stopped the wars no...changed the theather to where we were attacked..but didn't want to cut and run either...in Iraq. Has he closed Gitmo...no...thanksin part to the lack of resolve from congress whose politics superceeds our interests...and who would just as soon they close their eyes and have it go away.
    Oil in the gulf well that again is a disaster and we will see how it turns out... I think America's used to bluster in the their leadership...empty promises of reform and lets shoot first ask questions later [[drill baby drill...bomb bomb Iran)...we need a steady leader whose intellect shouldn't intimidate the masses...but inspire them to think behond the talking points and connect the dots...

What is surprising to me especially with the need for oil is the inability for the USA to move towards another energy source. I mean The Manhattan project was done in a few years with over 200,000 people.
    The will and the creativeness is there in the American people you all just have to clear our the BS politics of it all and get it done. When your politicians stop being bought at such a large scale things will change. Until then...business as usual [[ie; banking, subprime mortgages again, spend, spend, spend etc).

What is surprising to me especially with the need for oil is the inability for the USA to move towards another energy source. I mean The Manhattan project was done in a few years with over 200,000 people.
    Jimmy Carter tried to move the U.S. away from oil dependency, but then that Messiah of the cons, Reagan won the White House and scraped any alternative energy policies.

Maybe John is learning a little bit. I have no problem with someone being a liberal, but when they seem to have absolutely no though of their own when it comes to their political views though.

WTF.......opps I was waiting for someone to give me a reply.....WTF LOL [[just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    you see many are confusing Obama's Hawaiian style with apathy...I have a friend and psychologist who was from Hawaii...his take on this is very interesting...don't confuse laid back with apathy...anger with visible signs of aggression....

Look he got 20 B in a meeting...he has not locked into hyper-verbally with no results...yes he is not a fiery rhetorical speaker..he doesn't respond to the lunacy of birthers...but he is seething on the inside and when he does move he moves with quite determination [[look at all the Al Qaeda that he has pursued wherever they are)...he didn't rush into conflict with Iran or North Korea...with inflammatory rhetoric...he was firm and fair with Israel....[[when our congress was bought and paid for by their interests)...the stimulus is showing signs but unemployment is pervasive ..but it is improving slightly ..and with the rock that was rolling down the hill the first step is stopping it...

has he stopped the wars no...changed the theather to where we were attacked..but didn't want to cut and run either...in Iraq. Has he closed Gitmo...no...thanksin part to the lack of resolve from congress whose politics superceeds our interests...and who would just as soon they close their eyes and have it go away.
    Oil in the gulf well that again is a disaster and we will see how it turns out... I think America's used to bluster in the their leadership...empty promises of reform and lets shoot first ask questions later [[drill baby drill...bomb bomb Iran)...we need a steady leader whose intellect shouldn't intimidate the masses...but inspire them to think behond the talking points and connect the dots...
    That was a good post !

I'll been trying to explain that Obama doesn't react to challenges with a lot of bluster and BS like some of us on either side of the political aisle would like. He likes to analyse things then come up with a appropriate response. Usually he gets it right. Once he does that he is as hard core as they come.

This approach while not in line with our John Wayne mentality, has worked well for him in his political career.

There is always more than one way to get what you need done. The results should be what matters, the process less so.

President Barack Obama sent a video message to the Netroots Nation 2010 convention in Las Vegas, introduced by Speaker Nancy Pelosi. July 24, 2010.

Last edited by Jimaz; October-19-10 at 11:56 AM.