Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Lawyer argues Kilpatrick's debt is paid

I can't believe the stunt that Kwame's lawyer is doing now.

http://detnews.com/article/20100616/...348/1409/rss36

His lawyer is stating that since Kwame is in jail, his $1m resitution should be over.

What other thing are they going to come up with?

If there is an idea they will use it, these people are without shame.

"It was a sad day today [[Tuesday) that restitution was due to a city in economic trouble and nothing was paid," Reed said. "He should still be working, not sitting in jail, but this cost him a good job. Now, he's going to be an unemployed ex-con still required to pay the city? How is that going to work? The judge is setting him up for more failure."

Why do they think the city in an economic crisis would suddenly be rich with Kwame's restitution payment? OMG his $3,000.00 is only a drop in the bucket. And had it not been for the cr*p Kwame had done over the years the city wouldn't be in as much of a financial crisis as it is.
    And of course "the Judge is setting him up for failure." How stupid is this statement. If he wasn't already such a failure he wouldn't be where he is at.

If this nonsense wasn't so pathetic it might be funny. AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
    Last edited by Just Amazed; June-16-10 at 07:20 AM.

Buy American Guest

...just another idiot to add to the never ending list of idiots associated with thug KK.

One punishment does not negate the other but nice try dickface!

So that poor Kwame is still capable to pay a big-shot lawyer??

Strip him, and hell, also his family.

Ok, help me understand. I thought that at the time you take the plea you decide to either take jail time or do some kind of restitution or a combination of the two. Then if you mess up along the way, violate the terms, that the consequences of that is seperate and apart from the restitution issue, that the restitution is still in play.

Do the crime? Pay the fine and do the time!!

I am really really wishing that he would go away right now......

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    I am really really wishing that he would go away right now......
    ...but leave his money.

Arnold Reed warns KK's foes "They better have their lights on at night."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...t-20100616-apx

I saw that on the news tonight, leland....almost couldn't believe my ears. Was this a threat? Is this the only way ThugKK knows how to operate? This just gets more and more absurd as every day goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    I saw that on the news tonight, leland....almost couldn't believe my ears. Was this a threat? Is this the only way ThugKK knows how to operate? This just gets more and more absurd as every day goes along.
    I have no idea what that meant, kinda like Karmanos' "in six months when the truth about Kilpatrick is revealed. " quote.

Well, looks like ole Arnold Reed Salamander [[it's the tongue thing in his interview after the rally and then on last Thursday's Let it Rip with Huel Perkins), is trying to pull the blinds over our eyes. With as thorough as Judge Groner has been, does he really expect us to believe that Groner has not dotted all of his i's and crossed his t's? With each news interview on this quasi-lawyer, I am less and less impressed, almost looks like Kwame's pulled from the very lowest bottom of the barrel for this mouthpiece. If he's in it for the publicity, he would have been better off creating and paying for his own media ad...because so far, the hole he's digging for his reputation is well past six feet deep!
    Last edited by Taxpayer7; June-16-10 at 09:50 PM. Reason: just correcting a few minor spelling errors

Chuck_MI Guest

Interesting that this new legal representative of Kilpatrick describes the prosecutor's actions as narcissistic. Methinks this dude needs to do a little more reading. An OED definition of Narcissus includes a profile picture of Kwame Kilpatrick in jail house blues.

Go after the family assets.

Six months would be after the election ... Is Groner up for re-election? Or is he appointed?

NO his debt is paid. King Kwame signed a plea deal. He lost of Office as Detroit's mayor, He gets jail time and he MUST finish paying that million dollar restitution. After he comes out of prison, King Kwame will finish paying money to the City of Detroit. Yall's boy has robbed Detroit and he will never come back to politics or do any law practice in American ever again. Let's move on.

Nice try.

Judge Groner made it very clear several weeks ago that the restitution MUST be repaid as part of his sentence.

In an interesting side note: KK is making restitution payments again.

Remember how there was a book of quotes BY Coleman Young?
    Perhaps it is time for a sequel - Quotes ABOUT Kwame Kilpatrick.

"In six months when the truth about Kilpatrick is revealed."
    "They better have their lights on at night."

Lowell, great idea, already done. It's called the Kwame Sutra...here is the link http://thekwamesutra.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Taxpayer7 View Post
    Lowell, great idea, already done. It's called the Kwame Sutra...here is the link http://thekwamesutra.com/
    That was fast.

I'm surprised that it isn't available at King Books?

Quote Originally Posted by Taxpayer7 View Post
    And although this book was funny it was Quotes made BY Kwame, Lowell intended quotes made ABOUT Kwame, like "What a great Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was" or "The only crime Kilpatrick commited was having an affair with a college sweetheart"

Or how about Sheffield at the 40th birthday/prayer rally: One of our most gifted black men in America has been done wrong,” Sheffield said

Got it. Now that would be an extremely large book!

I argue my mortgage is paid.

Considering he cost the city $9 million and only has to pay back a tiny fraction of that he should shut the hell up. But lawyers will be lawyers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast