Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Andy Dillon's 'hire Michigan first' gov ad is work of Chicago firm

Yep going to be a wonderfully funny election year

Lansing -- House Speaker Andy Dillon's introductory gubernatorial campaign ad touts his support for "hire Michigan first" legislation. But his camp hired a Chicago firm to do the 30-second spot.
    The commercial, a major buy in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to be aired statewide beginning today, says the Redford Township Democrat "is fighting for a law to hire Michigan workers first." On the screen are the words: "The Dillon Record: Fighting to Pass the Hire Michigan First Law." The legislation, which would give businesses incentives to hire state workers, has not won final passage in the Legislature.

Great bunch of twits to choose from.

with 9 million people in this state I'm sure we can come up with a better group of candidates to choose from !

Buy American Guest

What a hypocrite,,,he's lost any hope of ever getting my vote.

All we need to do is find a few million people to write me in - then I will select quite a few of the DYers as my top advisers - and we will solve all the state's problems.

Now you may ask, why write in; why doesn't the kindly old Professor just run for Gov in the normal way? Well [[he answers), the prof was never good at beauty contests, and running for governor is akin to running for Miss America. The skills you need to GET the job are not in any way related to the skills you need to DO the job, which is why we get what we get.

False. Chicago is in Michigan.....well at least us native Michiganders here like to believe.

Seriously though, the excuses are weak. Who cares if better advertising caliber is elsewhere. If your point is to hire Michigan first, then take some average firm to work with and put out a mediocre ad regardless. At least you stand behind your message.

How unfortunate. He would have done well to make the effort to find a local firm to do that for him.

Call me a visionary, but the information age seems to be on the horizon, and not as far off into the future as some might think. In the information age, internal inconsistencies such as this one may well be exposed, so it would seem prudent to start getting into certain habits that can avoid such embarassments now in order to be prepared when the information age does come.

From the article:
    When asked why the campaign didn't hire a Michigan firm, T.J. Bucholz, a spokesman for the Dillon campaign, said: "There are only a handful of companies that do this kind of work. I'm not aware of one in Michigan with that kind of caliber."
    caliber = connections to President Obama's Chicago political mafia

There just aren't that many advertising firms in Michigan - or anywhere else - that were founded by David Axelrod, who is now a senior adviser to President Obama and who served as his campaign strategist in 2008. David Plouffe, Obama's 2008 campaign manager, was a partner in Axelrod's firm [[AKPD Message and Media) and is currently a Washington DC-based senior advisor for AKPD. Axelrod and Plouffe put the "A" and "P" in AKPD's name.

Did Dillon just get silicone implants in his lips or is that just the result of their extracurricular activity dealing with Axelrod's ad agency?