Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Uncle Pete: Only Crime Kilpatrick Committed Was Adultery

If it wasn't apparent before, it is now. Peter Karmanos is officially a D-Bag.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23909198/detail.html

The highlights:

We have a very bright person that now is in jail and the only crime so far, I think, is having an affair with a college sweetheart. Yes, yes, there was perjury in a civil trial, but you have to look hard at a civil trial since the whole idea is that someone is lying

Karmanos said he helped Kilpatrick get the job in Texas so he could get out of Michigan.

He said he was doing well at his job and would have been able to repay his restitution if it wasn't for the persistence of several Wayne County officials.

"He wouldn't have to go through all this, but we had a judge and a prosecutor that, for their own reasons, kept wanting to bring it up and bring it up, and it resulted in him going to jail for a year and a half at least, and hopefully they are very happy about that," said Karmanos.
    When asked why Kilpatrick chose to spend the money on buying his wife lavish gifts and paying for her plastic surgery instead of repaying the city, Karmanos did not answer the question, but instead quipped that Kilpatrick's $1 million restitution was unwarranted.

"The whole issue of restitution, you could argue, if it was even fair. It's not his fault that the Wayne County jury gave him an excessive restitution -- that's not news," said Karmanos.
    Karmanos said he was "bewildered" by Groner's choice to send Kilpatrick to prison instead of letting him continue to work.

"It makes no sense whatsoever, certainly doesn't help the city get its restitution," said Karmanos.

Karmanos admitted that he is not often surprised by anything that happens in Detroit.

He became visibly frustrated and called the exclusive interview to an end, saying that he would be happy to meet with the media in six months when the truth about Kilpatrick is revealed.

One can only wonder about what's going on behind the scenes of this stage play.

I bet "former" Deputy Police Chief and current City Council President Pro-Temp Gary Brown could give Karmanos an ear full....

LodgeDodger Guest

What a complete ass! Talk about ignoring the facts.

"...he would have been able to pay his restitution..."

1. He hadn't sold any software in a year.
    2. He was going to pay $6 a month. That's paying restitution? If he'd paid his restitution from the get-go, he'd be out dining on chic-fil-et.

What an ASSHAT! He surely belongs to the arrogant ass club headed by Matty Moroun.

He would have done much better to say "No Comment"

Michigan is full shitheads like this. Great state to live in.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unclefrank View Post
    Michigan is full shitheads like this. Great state to live in.
    It isn't just Michigan that is blessed with such assholes. This country is in such a sad state because there is an over-abundance of these assholes everywhere. We have an infestation.
    Last edited by LodgeDodger; June-15-10 at 07:17 PM.

Kilpatrick has been impressive in his ability to keep certain loyalists on board. Then again, when your mother is a powerful member of Congress, it makes things a bit easier...

Default adultery

raping civic funds
    motorcycles on bele Isle [[destruction of city property)
    bribes for business
    lots more

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    It isn't just Michigan that is blessed with such assholes. This country is in such a sad state because there is an over-abundance of these assholes everywhere. We have an infestation.
    Amen to that brother!

DetroitPole Guest

This is where I take huge exception to the, "Detroiters are idiots and they elect idiots" rhetoric. Kwame was supported and continues to be supported by these old, white, suburban billionaire assholes like Pete Piece of Shit Karmanos. Kwame must have some serious shit on this rich old limp dick bastard.

His stripper-beating "wife" was loaned a ton of money by the likes of these freaks too. Then they're called upstanding members of the "community" by their lawyers. Quite a country we live in.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unclefrank View Post
    Amen to that brother!
    That would be sister...

The more I think about Karmanos defending Kwame the madder I get. If Kwame didn't do anything other than have an affair , oh and so what if he committed perjury is was only a civil trial then why did Karmanos try to get him to resign and offer him $240,000. Why would he assume that the Judge and Prosecutor where just out to get Kwame? Doesn't he read the news, hasn't he an ounce of sense? $1,000,000 restitution was to much? Really? Talk about being in the Kwame Kamp and not facing the reality of what has happened. Karmanos has certainly shown his true self with his statement and I have completely lost respect for him [[what little if any I had left). And I am not surprise with any thing that goes on in Detroit as long as there are still the likes of Karmanos and Maroun still around.

You cannot make this stuff up. It's like some sort of cult, but the real glue now is Kwame's mommy. She's still a very powerful force in Congress. The family business lives on.

As my kids would say, this is so wrong on so many levels.

A "Wayne County jury" [[always a loaded term) ordered excessive restitution? No, Pete, there was no jury in this case. KK agreed to the restitution in a plea deal, then tried to weasel out of it despite your largesse.

Perhaps you're thinking of the civil case and the award to the wronged police officers. That money was paid by the city. That Kilpatrick has only to pay one-tenth of it back once his misdeeds were revealed is a crime in itself.

Karmanos has invested so much in this guy, he has no choice but to polish the turd.

What does Mr. Kilpatrick know that Mr. Karmonos doesn't want known? Does anyone else feel that question is being begged?

I wanna know why old man Kilpatrick isn't rotting in the cell right next to his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    What does Mr. Kilpatrick know that Mr. Karmonos doesn't want known? Does anyone else feel that question is being begged?
    I think Kwame's got the goods on Karmanos, Gilbert and Cox and they are sweating bullets that it will come out.

Jcole:
    Exactly.
    Kwame's one of the few people that you can say 'he knows where all the bodies are buried' and it could actually be true. In a perfect world, Karmanos moved KK to Dallas out of the goodness of his heart. In reality, you have to wonder how much more there is to that story.

If Karmanos is so supportive of Kwame, why did he fire him?

Buy American Guest

As I have said all along, thug KK has something on Karmanos. Karmanos is still kissing KK's a$$ throughout all of this. If I were an employee for Karmanos I'd be pretty embarrassed right about now. The Michigan Cancer Foundation should remove his name and go back to the old MCF name. Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    As I have said all along, thug KK has something on Karmanos. Karmanos is still kissing KK's a$$ throughout all of this. If I were an employee for Karmanos I'd be pretty embarrassed right about now. The Michigan Cancer Foundation should remove his name and go back to the old MCF name. Enough is enough.
    I was going to say the same thing, Kwame did something for Karmanos and thats why he has been helping him out..

I actually suspected this from when Karmanos offered Kwame a Job at Compuware.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast