Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default red bull pilot skirts death

hopefully this isn't a repost - but i don't recall seeing anything about this in the forum.

amazing control.

LINK to youtube video

The race is right now shown on tv over here in the Netherlands. Amazing to see how those tv folks manage to show this incident... and avoid pictures of Detroit. All the backdrop shots are of Windsor.

Sorry, it's a repost.

See: http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=5843

and look at post #14

Thrilling, nonetheless

Whitehouse, that is because Windsor hosted it for the second year in a row. I am looking forward to the third year!

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Whitehouse, that is because Windsor hosted it for the second year in a row. I am looking forward to the third year!
    I know...

But these pictures showed they really made an effort not to show the city of Detroit. The only time I recognized Ren-Cen was from an in-board cockpit shot of one of the planes. I understand why Windsor was shown in the pictures. They paid for it. But how many people outside the US even know Detroit is on the other side of the river? Unless it is mentioned of course.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; June-26-10 at 11:12 AM.