Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Was a yard sale around the block in 1971, and I had just acquired the right to "go around the block". So I did. Bought Beggars Banquet for, I dunno, like 50 cents or something. White fold-out album cover with the R.S.V.P. on the bottom. Well, I don't think it {the recording} was a true collaboration that had any heavy Brian Jones input. In fact, this album recording is where Keith established himself as a, heh, work-aholic, furiously laying down the tracks day after night after day after day. What little is heard of Jones was only hand-selected by Richard, who had by this time become so increasingly frustrated with Jones inability to cope with a buzz, that it took some of the heat off of the strenuous power-grab that was taking place with that girly Jagger. In short, Keef took the weight of the effort. I believe that Brian Jones actually had more input on Let It Bleed, even though it was released a few weeks {actually months} later. I bought Magical Mystery Tour at Livonia Mall about five years later. Grandma from California was visiting, and as we sat in the Sear Cafeteria, she threatened to string me up by a rope if I didn't get my haircut. So I did. That ol' sunnava....

Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe it was Let It Bleed that Richards established himself as a work-aholic.

Not sure if that helps the debate or not, but, you know, that's my impression. Stray Cat Blues has some very influential drum fills in it. But I'm also a big fan of Blue Jay Way, so the whole mess is a .... toss up. Or wait... Stone's all the way for me. Big blues fan I am.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzvAuDONu0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKwZ1...eature=related

Bam.
    Last edited by ggores; July-06-10 at 09:14 PM.

What about the Beach Boys??

What about them? One good album.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    What about them? One good album.
    And many good 45s. The album did not become the primary medium of music until the late '60s [[well after the Beach Boys began their run of success).

Before that, each 45 rpm record was a stand-alone creation.

For a good '60s pop/rock record, it's hard to beat "In My Room" or "Help Me Rhonda." And "Fun Fun Fun" is still... fun.

Bringing this up in honor of Ravine's passing. Here's a good Stones song:

http://youtu.be/1rIqBeMZAMc

Abbey Lincoln

Two great bands.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3