Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Detroit 187-The Show

http://abc.go.com/shows/detroit-1-8-7

I havent seen a thread on this so I apologize if there is one. I am wondering how you guys feel about this show. It seems like its gonig to be interesting and I am definately going to watch, but it seems like the title is a bit... IDK too much lets say. Are we just sensitive or is there something to it

http://detroityes.com/mb/showthread....light=homicide

http://detroityes.com/mb/showthread....light=homicide

Personally, I think it's tacky and silly and not worth the airtime.

I'm still trying to figure out why they're using the Los Angeles police code for homicide in the title of a TV show based in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why they're using the Los Angeles police code for homicide in the title of a TV show based in Detroit.
    Because everybody already knows the homicide code for Los Angeles. Nobody knows what the code is for Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    We're talking about a TV show here, dude. Relax. No one would know what Detroit 328 means.

Default 187 - California Penal Code - not LA

187 is the California Penal Code section for Homicide.

Maybe we can get them to sing and dance instead of solve murders, and Call it Detroit Police Glee Club?

Freep says the show will be filmed and produced in Detroit.

http://tinyurl.com/2cxcy5k

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Maybe we can get them to sing and dance instead of solve murders, and Call it Detroit Police Glee Club?
    The DPD version of Cop Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    [url]Personally, I think it's tacky and silly and not worth the airtime.
    Funny thing is, that's pretty much what everyone in southern Florida was saying before Miami Vice made its debut.

I have been thinking that Detroit might be ready to profit off of being the setting for a TV show. They say, or at least used to say, that L&O, Friends and Seinfeld did a lot for New York, perception-wise. This show can do things for Detroit as well.

Not that we should sit around waiting for the Networks to solve problems for us, of course.

I wonder if the characters will prance around and preen all dressed up in their pimp suits like the real DPD "Detectives" do. Throw in illegally detaining witnesses and it will be almost like the real thing..........

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsfirstson View Post
    http://abc.go.com/shows/detroit-1-8-7

I havent seen a thread on this so I apologize if there is one. I am wondering how you guys feel about this show. It seems like its gonig to be interesting and I am definately going to watch, but it seems like the title is a bit... IDK too much lets say. Are we just sensitive or is there something to it
    That's really cool that this show is being picked up. I knew quite a few months ago that they were making a pilot for a show called Detroit 187, or something along those lines, because an old high school friend of mine is, I guess going to be one of the stars. He had a video up on his Facebook page talking about this show.

Shaun was in a short-lived sitcom called "Unhitched" a couple of years ago. He was also in a couple episodes of 24, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, and many different Canadian television shows and comedy specials. I think the first time I saw him on t.v. though was in a Blockbuster Video commercial.

In its attempt at making murder, or solving homicide cases, entertaining, perhaps, Detroit will be perceived as "cool." Glamorizing crime, with the LAPD homicide code in the title, does nothing to make older people feel more comfortable about Detroit. But youngsters will be thrilled by seeing Detroit on national TV. Some young suburbanites will be encouraged to identify with the city for "cool points" due to the show.

Imagine if so-called Metro Detroiters simply called themselves "Detroiters," much like those in Chicagoland or Great New York identify with the demonyn [["Chicagoan" and "New Yorker") of their respective core cities.

That being said, if I had the opportunity to be a featured actor or extra on the show, I'd do it without hesitation. [[Hopefully, that doesn't make me a sell-out to the city.)

Loved Shaun on "This Hour has 22 Minutes"

He's also engaged to a Michigan Hottie - Shelby Fenner

Sigh. Baltimore gets The Wire.

New Orleans gets Treme.

Detroit gets... Detroit 1-8-7.

Yay.

Default overheard

Didjahear about the new TV show, Detroit 90210?

That's not a Detroit zip code!

Nah, its a documentary series on Detroit vacant houses...

Default Detroit 187

I was on youtube and ran across a video for a ABC show this fall called "Detroit 187", was anyone else aware of this? maybe i'm just late as usual lol

here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh1kbDDG5qs

Quote Originally Posted by Cellus View Post
    I was on youtube and ran across a video for a ABC show this fall called "Detroit 187", was anyone else aware of this? maybe i'm just late as usual lol
    Yup.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...highlight=show

Default 1 8 7 Detroit show

any one know where they are filming Wednesday 7/22/10

Default An Inside Look at Detroit 1-8-7

Biz X Magazine interviews Executive Producer Kevin Hooks of the upcoming [[Sept 21 debut) TV drama Detroit 1-8-7.

The show is already causing a stir and some critics are disappointed in the way the city of Detroit is portrayed but Hook tells Biz X, "The beauty of a place like Detroit and the fact that viewers don't really know it visually as well as some other cities like Chicago, L.A or New York is that it offers up an opportunity to make Detroit a real character in the show."

To read the interview in its entirerty click on the link to current issue of Biz X Magazine. http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=46105&p=61

Isn't 1-8-7 the Detroit Police code for canceled?

As far as I know, DPD doesn't really use codes. There was a code sheet at one time but they only used it in sensitive cases like bomb threats.

There are some codes they use for the MDTs but I'm not sure they use them on the air. 'Course, I haven't listened to DPD radio in years either.

Default Detroit 187 Scouts

Has anyone else seen the scouting crew around Corktown today? I believe they broke into a house that was secured and I found one of the crew at a gas station and was like, hey whats up? He would not give me any contact information or take mine, just said that he was security to the scouts for Detroit 187. Trying to directly contact mgmt from web data is nearly impossible...I'm asking that they repair it.

This thread should be allowed to die.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast