Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Filming in Hamtramck

I drove by the parking lot of Glory SuperMarket in Hamtramck tonight around 9 pm. There were rows of trailers of and cherry pickers and trucks neatly parked. It looked like FEMA had rolled in. Did they get lost? Meant to be heading back to Louisiana. No! It's a monster film crew filming in Hamtramck real soon. Tonight or tomorrow morning I bet.

I couldn't figure it out until I saw one of the Cherry pickers on Jos. Campau downtown district. I think they were figuring out a shot.

This is just a guess from what I saw.
    Last edited by RickBeall; June-12-10 at 12:34 AM.

Real Steel

Was Hugh Jackman there?

Encountering film crews is getting to be a common occurrence. I was driving on McNichols, around Schaefer, this week and there was a crew filming with a party store backdrop...

Hamtramck Hollywood is back!

Hey Rick / Lowell ...... send them to Skippers this weekend. They can film a real GarWood / Stonefront party .......See ya there

Expect it to be a lot more common this summer... something like 14 films on the slate for July and another 21 for August. A good % of them are shooting in the CoD.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Hamtramck Hollywood is back!
    Ummmmm Rick, I think that's Hamtramck Bollywood. Or maybe, Hamtramck Banglywood.

What is going on on Caniff by Paychecks? noticed many many trucks

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    What is going on on Caniff by Paychecks? noticed many many trucks
    VAMPS

Alicia Silverstone, Krysten Ritter, Sigourney Weaver, Richard Lewis, some others

Silverstone gave a shout out on her Twitter feed to Pinwheel Bakery in Ferndale the other day [[she's vegan and Pinwheel now has vegan baked goods).

I trhink the worst movie I have ever seen starred Alicia Silverstone. It was called Excess Baggage, and the title fit the movie to a tee. I think me and my GF bailed on this movie about 20 minutes in.

They are taping the reality series "The Real Bushas of Hamtramck."

9mile&seneca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    I nominate for funniest of the month.

EastSider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Golick View Post
    They need to find Tom Ryan and ask him and the folks at Channel 4 about their experience with a show called "Hamtramck."

Was it for the "amazing cynicalman?"

I'm sure all those Paramount trucks were there for the "Amazing Cynicalman". I'm sure of it! :-)

They were shooting inside Record Graveyard. They had some sort of canapy over the front of the store for a while.

... and I had hopes they were going to fix the holes they dug around the street lights 2 months ago.

Or at least fix the budget hole from the Poletown Plant dispute.

ok, a bunch of the trucks did say "vamps" - i thought it was the name of the company leasing them

Hamtramck, overrun by a bunch of vampires again ....

vampires that love old vinyl records.