Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Federal judge says no alcohol for Monica Conyers

DETROIT [[AP) — A judge has ordered former Detroit councilwoman Monica Conyers to abstain from alcohol after she said the stress of her corruption case has pushed her to drink.

Federal Judge Avern Cohn also ordered Conyers to undergo testing and participate in treatment as directed by the court's Pretrial Services agency.
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...REE/100619950#

Here we go, getting set up for the next excuse why she can't start her jail time, she will need to go into a special private rehab program for an addiction with services that cannot be duplicated in prison. Unless it is a parent or child I just cannot see delaying her start time for the surgery excuse. What does she plan on doing once she gets in there and another relative needs surgery? Do they let her out for that? Doesn't take much, but it boggles my mind.

What a joke. She caused a lot of other people to drink.
    She's the Queen of BSers.

I don't and never will understand the wisdom and the constitutionality of sentencing people to sobriety.

Drunk and stupid is a privilidge, not a right.

Looking forward to July 1, 2010.

OMG....will this ever end?

Wow this is , well it's just , I'm sorry to say , [[shaking my head, rolling my eyes), all I can say is this leaves me dumbfounded. And really should she be drinking while taking drugs? Or does that mean she has quit taking her meds again. And she wants to delay her sentence to help a relative after surgery, What surgery is scheduled that far away???????? I work for a Dr. and most of our surgeries are scheduled 2-3 weeks [[granted some of the more extensive ones may have a few time conflicts), I have an in-law that has a surgery scheduled for June 26th but that is because the surgeons are out of town for 2 weeks, so sorry I am not buying such a delay. The relative may choose to have this surgery that far off and recovery may take some time also but til the end of September???? I am sure the plan was so MONICA could delay her sentencing. Wow now I really do have something to say. Sorry about the rant, but the cr*p just keeps getting deeper and deeper. And why do they think people believe this nonsense??
    Last edited by Just Amazed; June-12-10 at 10:35 AM.

Too much stress is causing her to drink? Give me a break, she should have thought about stress before she took the illegal payoff. She is one arrogant woman who believes she is entitled to anything she wants, and I can't wait for her to pay for her crimes.

OMG really Monica? Wow...just wow. These people are UNFRICKINBELIEVABLE!!! The arrogance, the sense of entitlement...it just never ends. Soon enough she'll be standing in front of a crowd with her pastor and bible proclaiming that she wants everyone to move on.....and that God is speaking to her....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Drunk and stupid is a privilidge, not a right.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life...