Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: work-flow.biz

Default work-flow.biz

work-flow.biz is a new, Detroit-based Internet startup.

It is “collaborationware” and is similar to Web-based project management software. It allows you to communicate and coordinate work tasks, especially when people are spread out.

URL: www.work-flow.biz

It allows people to work together more efficiently, be more effective, and companies to be more profitable. work-flow.biz applies the strengths of networks, databases, and computers to how businesses operate and some of the shortcomings of human nature.

It is a lightweight, clear, easy-to-use framework for carrying out work.

Nonprofits and churches can use it for free! Especially to coordinate people on projects that make Detroit better.

Introduce it where you work!

Nonprofits and churches can use it for free
    For everyone else, it costs $20 per user per month.

No thanks! I though I might find something useful, but instead I get an advertisement.

DetroitDad Guest

It's great to see some tech companies giving it a go in Detroit. I'll check it out.

Your home page is not very clear. Is this like Basecamp and others? If so, your prices are in line, but there are some free ones out there, and others at least allow you a free trial or a free starter account. It's much easier to get people to pay for extras once they become familiar with a program; AT&T's famous slogan "stick with what you know" is a good example.

Some screenshot examples would also really make it more interesting. Right now, I just want to navigate away from the page of words. There is no hook, nothing to catch my interest. I'm going to eventually read through it because you are a Detroit company, but normally I would navigate away from a site like this.

We have had an informal policy of allowing metro Detroit based-businesses that are launching to announce their product on a one-time basis. Generally this has come in the form of restaurants, bars and small businesses but a software product is a small business too. So a pass is likewise granted in this situation particularly as the poster is an established forum member from the previous board.

Good luck to the endeavor, we need all our businesses to survive.