Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default HBO is Filming at Tiger Stadium Site

There has been some things going on at Michigan and Trumbull the past few days, and just the other day I noticed a Port O Potty on the field by one of the rear gates.

Turns out HBO has rented the field for the entire summer and plans to re-do the field and film something there.

Here is a note from my good friend Peter Riley who works with me at the Tiger Stadium Historical Society...

Folks the historic playing field at the Corner of Michigan & Trumbull the former Tiger Stadium site is now in the caring hands of HBO Productions who have leased the property from the City of Detroit through the summer to restore and improve for a currently showing HBO TV sit com called "Hung".

Several of the powers that be for HBO have Detroit roots and our supporters of not only baseball but Tiger Stadium and its importance to the State of Michigan.

HBO has had great interest in this location for a decade and would like to be part of the effort to see it become active part of the Corktown Community by bringing it back to life.

Let's give HBO Productions and its hometown leaders a great big hug and thank you for caring about this Detroit orginal.

More details to come it's great to see the Corner being kept "alive"

The field restoration crew will be back to work at 6 AM Friday

i love this=)

Until I have the freedom to walk barefoot through that field of grass without "trespassing," I could care less.

I thought this site was going to be redeveloped. What's the deal?
    Instead of a field of dreams, was it all a field of schemes?

The gate by the pedestrian bridge was wide open two days ago. Go check it out. You could probably do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Until I have the freedom to walk barefoot through that field of grass without "trespassing," I could care less.

Daddeeo wrote:
    >>"field of schemes"

Ha ha ha. That was a good one!