Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Is The News Geographically Challenged?

Either they're challenged, or this is the lousiest, most-confusing writer of the bunch. She seems to think Riverview is on the east side! Or is it just poor sentence structure?

Ex-hospital may turn into home for seniors

Christina Rogers / The Detroit News

Detroit -- St. John's shuttered Riverview Hospital may find new life as a senior living complex.
    A group of private investors, led by Franklin-based attorney Richard Levin, has entered into a letter of intent to buy the seven-story hospital on Detroit's east side from St. John Providence Health. The hospital, which closed in 2007 but has a few tenants, would be turned into a 180-bed nursing home, slated to open in late 2011.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100609/...#ixzz0qMonPR5V

Sav: The shuttered hospital is on E. Jefferson, near the Belle Isle Bridge. It has nothing to do with Riverview, the city.

Uh, You're the one that's confused. The official name of the hosptal was St. John's Riverview Hospital. And it is on the East side of Detroit.

E. Jefferson and Van Dyke isn't "east side?"

I took my dad to Riverview hospital once before St. John bought it. At that time it was exactly where the Detroit News said it was.

ndavies: You're right. I'm confused. There was a hospital in Riverview that closed a few years ago. I got the two confused.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Uh, You're the one that's confused. The official name of the hosptal was St. John's Riverview Hospital. And it is on the East side of Detroit.
    Actually, the official name would be St. John Riverview Hospital.

Actually the downriver hospital was in Trenton and was called Riverside, not Riverview. There hasn't been a hospital in Riverview for at least the 40 years I've lived in the area.
    Last edited by ndavies; June-09-10 at 11:26 AM.

Retroit Guest

Sounds like a Jjabba thread.

EastSider Guest

All it's missing are complaints about day-old bagels, the Dexter bus and being kissed on the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoyard View Post
    ndavies: You're right. I'm confused. There was a hospital in Riverview that closed a few years ago. I got the two confused.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

obvious missed discussion here is.... that a building in detroit would get reused. Plus who is gonna spend money on a building, in detroit, for old people...... strike strike STRIKE..... YER OUT.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That's good news for my neighborhood. Having that hospital sit empty hurts the entire area. It would also add to our sizable senior citizen population over here, with the nearby River Towers and Sheridan Place complexes. Hopefully, we can also get some services provided there for the local seniors, as the closing of the hospital and the adjoining offices and clinics was really a blow to a lot of them and has made their simple day-to-day medical care considerably more difficult.

That hospital was originally known as Jennings Hospital. I had my head sewn up a couple of times there and my ankle put back together once after some childhood mishaps.