Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Kwame's New Home

Kwame will be housed, as of today, near Ludington at the Oaks Facility.Should be good and cold in the winter.
    From clickondetroit.com
    Kilpatrick Gets New Home On B-Day
    Kilpatrick Transferred To Oaks Correctional Facility In Manistee
    POSTED: Tuesday, June 8, 2010
    UPDATED: 4:05 pm EDT June 8, 2010

DETROIT -- Kwame Kilpatrick will have a new home where he can celebrate his 40th birthday.
    Kilpatrick was moved Tuesday from the Charles Egler Reception and Guidance Center in Jackson Michigan to the Oaks Correctional facility in Manistee, Michigan.
    His new home is more than 250 miles away from the city where he was once mayor.
    Kilpatrick, transported by armed officers, took a road trip around the state.
    The convoy first stopped at the St. Louis Correctional Center in Gratiot County before continuing to Oaks Correctional facility, which is in a small town off of Lake Michigan, near Ludington.
    Kilpatrick will spend at least the next 14 months of his life there, which is when he will be eligible for parole.
    On May 25, Wayne County Judge David Groner sentenced Kilpatrick to serve a minimum of a year and half to a maximum of five years, minus 120 days for time already served in prison for probation violation.

HaHa he got to take a trip on his 40th birthday. How appropriate.

I was hoping for a quiet retreat off the shores of Lake Superior...Marquette has nice scenic winters!

Default "Prison is for dangerous people, and Kilpatrick is not dangerous"

I'm starting to agree with English more and more, I just want this Kilpatrick guy to go away. However, I just know that if he were to simply get 90 days bootcamp and then be out in September, he'd be snatching down headlines again. The guy needs an inordinate amount of attention and just can't seem to glorify himself enough.

He can't seem to understand the simple and easily comprehended solution to his problems. He keeps making the EXACT same mistake over and over. All this guy has to do is simply downsize his lifestyle, pay his restitution, and stay out of the headlines, and no one in Michigan will ever bother him again. Nope, that's too much to ask of Kilpatrick. He'd much rather live like the Hip Hop King [[I mean Mayor, excuse me) and pay $6 a month restitution.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when this guy could have simply settled with Gary Brown for $2M and been done with this. Of course he'd probably still be mayor and continuing to destroy the city even further than it's already been ruined, but I digress. The guy just can't seem to get the message. He will continue to drag Detroit down as long as he has breath in his lungs. So so sad...

Oh, this thread was inspired by this article:
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010060...within-90-days

He's been taking names. And now in 90 days he'll be BAAAAACK! Prepare for the pain.

If he successfully completes 90 days boot camp, he then gets 18 months probation. Does boot camp employ methods to teach integrity?

lilpup Guest

Kilpatrick IS dangerous. Behavior such as his affects and endangers far more people than one armed robber.

LodgeDodger Guest

The reason he's in jail is due to the fact he's violated parole. What's wrong with the State's recommendation? As if he'd actually follow the rules of probation.

Wow, I am soooooooooooo pi$$ed off at this recommendation I could spit, Oh whoops I did. Really what kind of lesson [[penalty) is this going to teach the scammer, he can just keep doing what he has. He has already served 90 days and that obviously did not teach him anything.

Quote Originally Posted by texorama View Post
    He's been taking names. And now in 90 days he'll be BAAAAACK! Prepare for the pain.
    The suggestion of this plan has already caused me immense pain. Wow, I am totally ----------------------------

Default Newman!

Prison is also for perjurors. We can't make excuses for that kind of thing, it's fundamental to our democracy; for this reason we have to be particularly vigiliant with our politicians, so that they don't disassemble our goivernment from within. We can't make excuses for that kind of thing from our politicians.

I, too, am tired of Kilpatrick, and all the other tin-pot elected officials that grace the front pages of local and national newspapers. I haven't been posting this kind of stuff so far, but I totally agree with you. This b.s. is not a basis for progress.

In related news, of today's 5 "top stories" on detroitnews.com, 2 related to the prison terms of this fair burg's elected officials, because hizzoner could get a prison time reduction, and the congressman's wife - get this! - who was on the city council [[that alone smells fishy already), took a bribe. It's almost like those running gags on sitcoms. Didja hear the one about the t-shirts handed out at the birthday prayer service in a church where they asked for donations and called him "one of our best black men in America"?

Helll-oooo, Kwame!

Fryar, great post, loved the "one of our best black men in America", and really this is not a sitcom it is a fri**kin soap opera. Or maybe it's like the comedy show "Soap", which was a comedy soap opera, yeah, that's what it is. Just when I think I have heard it all [[my mistake) this comes out. 90 days boot camp. I think he didn't learn his lesson in 90 days, I was very comfortable with the 18 months [[14 month time served). And honestly thought I wouldn't have to hear about Kwame in the headlines for the next 14 months, but, I guess I was wrong. Wow some people must really be pulling strings on this one.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    Didja hear the one about the t-shirts handed out at the birthday prayer service in a church where they asked for donations and called him "one of our best black men in America"?
    Black people need to aim higher. If they're looking for same-race role models, there are plenty of wonderful black men [[and women) who have sacrificed much, worked very hard, and have set an excellent example for young black people.

LodgeDodger Guest

Before this latest news, I thought we wouldn't need to hear about Kwame Kilpatrick until he was indicted by the Feds. Believe me, I'm tired of hearing about him, too. But if having to hear about him means nothing will be "swept under the rug", then I'll suffer through hearing about him.

I just read this a few minutes ago freep.com WTF Schwartz????
    Prison is for lawbreakers....dangerous is immaterial you idiot.

Bernie Madoff isnt dangerous either. Will he also be out in a few weeks?

Kilpatrick is not dangerous Ha ha ha hahaha ah ha ha!

I don't think Kwame is dangerous either. He is actually more dangerous our of Prison if you consider the hell he put the city through.

As far as boot camp, I would say give the man a chance. He is what 6 foot 3, 310 pounds? You really think his fat ass is going to get up early every morning to run and exercise, go on a strict diet all during the 3 most hottest months of the year?

I say if you send him to boot camp he won't last 2 weeks.

Im not in the best of shape myself, and I know I could not do it. Kwame is in worst shape than me, there is no way he can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Black people need to aim higher. If they're looking for same-race role models, there are plenty of wonderful black men [[and women) who have sacrificed much, worked very hard, and have set an excellent example for young black people.
    At the risk of my naivete leaving you rolling in the aisles, I don't think we have to worry too much about too many people seeing him as anything but a giant disappointment to a number of communities, such as black people, Detroiters, and attendees at the 2004 Democratic convention. Only 100-350 people even showed for this thing, depending on the source. How many of these were there for the spectacle of it all? How many wanted to see Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan. And I mean, these Kilpatricks, they're like Detroit's lesser Kennedys or something, right? You gotta figure a good chunk of those people turned up on account of some kind of Kilpatrick patronage. You also gotta figure most of these people know they are embarassing themselves.

Checked out Fox's coverage, now I'm the one rolling in the aisles. That lawyer's got his determination-and-defiance-in-the-face-of-antagonism act down pat, man, I tell you, it's a thing to behold, like some kind of mighty wrestler or something. And what's that salamandery thing he does with his tongue at 0:18, is that for emphasis? I'm still catching my breath and wiping up my tears of laughter from last week's discovery of his lawyerific website, these guys need to go on hiatus for a minute and give a guy a break.

If only I could get my hands on one of those t-shirts!
    Last edited by fryar; June-09-10 at 10:14 PM. Reason: subtle improvements

OMG I am really rolling on the floor laughing about your Charlie synopsis on Fox. You bring tears to my eyes. Really you are not niave, but sooooo funny, And the relationship to the Kennedy's topped it off. That is what "they" [[ the Kilpatrick gang) think they are.

I would have to improve on the T-shirt, somehow

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I don't think Kwame is dangerous either. He is actually more dangerous our of Prison if you consider the hell he put the city through.

As far as boot camp, I would say give the man a chance. He is what 6 foot 3, 310 pounds? You really think his fat ass is going to get up early every morning to run and exercise, go on a strict diet all during the 3 most hottest months of the year?

I say if you send him to boot camp he won't last 2 weeks.

Im not in the best of shape myself, and I know I could not do it. Kwame is in worst shape than me, there is no way he can do it.
    Remember, he used to play college football so the physical aspect of it might not be the problem. The problems will start if these boot camps use the full blown military style "break 'em down to rebuild 'em" pysch philosophy. [[I'd never thought of the connection between pampered ball player and piggish, narcissistic politician until now). Envision KK getting verbal cutdowns while having his ass ridden by some hardcore drill sergeant...

'If he successfully completes 90 days boot camp, he then gets 18 months probation. Does boot camp employ methods to teach integrity?

If he didn't learn it from his mother and father....then he never will, his life will be a perpetual cycle of "I'm gonna get mines"

I just wonder who in the Michigan Department of Corrections is on the KK payroll...

By the way, am I the only one who has notices that "Friends of Kwame Kilpatrick" makes for an acronym that when vocalized, sounds exactly like what he did to the city?