Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hyatt Regency Flint

The only other Hyatt Regency ever in the state. Built in 1981 and Hyatt pulled out sometime in the late 80s? Anyone have any more info on this place. I was driving through downtown Flint today and was very happy to see that it has been turned into the "Riverfront Residence Hall." A privately owned apartment building dedicated to students at nearby UofM Flint and other schools. They invested a lot of money into it. Its last incarnation was the "Riverfront Character Inn" a hotel dedicated to Christian ideals and church groups. It was looking a little run down then. I would love to hear any more info anyone has on this place.

Here are a couple links...

An old ad for the hotel...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkPpxuprIEc

Current website...http://flintstudenthousing.com/riverfront_residence.php
    Last edited by cmubryan; June-05-10 at 11:01 AM.

Unless I'm wrong the Flint Hyatt Regency was addressed in Michael Moores movie "Roger and Me ". He addressed the Hyatts failure to make it a go of it in the city. Hope I helped.