Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Sunday Dinner Company

Tasty Sunday Dinner Company helps rebuild lives, dish by dish | detnews.com | The Detroit News

I wanted to mention the Sunday Dinner Company here. It is a southern style buffet, with a twist. They are located in a former Post Office building on Jefferson just east of Mount Elliott. THey just opened on Mother's day so come and give them a try.

The food is very good and they are giving back to the community as well. I highly recommend trying them out. It's not a place you want to go to if you're in a rush. Like the South, things move at a slower, more relaxing pace with a touch of charm and hospitality.

I'm including a link to Molly Abraham's review which has more information and explains the programs they are involved in and how they are giving back to Detroit.

Thanks for posting htis... I'll try them for lunch next week.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    thanks for posting htis... I'll try them for lunch next week.
    ^^^^^^^ditto^^^^^^

If you're on a limited time frame, make sure to tell them when you arrive and have them take care of the bill while you're eating. They are new and still working the bugs out, but the food and people are worth it. It is more enjoyable everytime I go in. Lunch may be different from dinner, haven't tried that yet.

We just had dinner there for the first time tonight. We ordered take out and it was very good. The place looks great and the owner and staff are very nice. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Thanks for the mention! Will definitely check it out...