Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

DetroitDad Guest

Default Good Locations for a Shipping/Receiving Center

There are actually a few companies that could be interested with my input on choosing new packaging, shipping and receiving locations for drop shippers, e-commerce, and a local store chain headquarters. What available gems do I not know about in Metro Detroit?

Generally, it should have a loading area and office/work space on a second or third floor.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    There are actually a few companies that could be interested with my input on choosing new packaging, shipping and receiving locations for drop shippers, e-commerce, and a local store chain headquarters. What available gems do I not know about in Metro Detroit?

Generally, it should have a loading area and office/work space on a second or third floor.
    12th street and Bagley. There are a bunch of new and old buildings that were in business until recently. Some are similar to what you would find in an suburban industrial park. Police Station on the cornor. Post office 1/2 mile south, 75 freeway 1/2 mile north. 1/2 mile west from Mexican Village Restaurant.

Toolbox Guest

Your Personal Vault already has a service like this for Canadien companys seeking a US ship to adress. Might want to talk to them about available space. .

We have used them in the past and I can't say enough good things about them.

Oakwood and I-94.... the old Frito-Lay or Vodka places.

Or Rotunda and I-94... the old Lashish location.

UPS has closed a few terminals and combined them with other terminals , I think Troy closed and combined with Madison Heights , and the Roseville UPS closed and combined with the Hoover/Detroit UPS , so 2 rather large buildings are vacant .

This would depend upon how you're going to ship and who your customers are. There are tons of places available in the region ranging from Detroit to Romulus to Troy that could fit your needs.

I would suggest looking at where other similar companies have located. If this is something like Fathead I know they are going to have offies downtown, but it would not surprise me if most shipping would be done somewhere else.