Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default BBC Documentary Celebrating history of Motor Industry in Detroit

I work at the BBC in London, we're making a film about Detroit over the last 100 years, with the motor industry as the central theme. Seems like there couldn't be a more appropriate time to make a film about Detroit and the automotive industry!

We are interested in the stories of people who work or worked in the automotive industry, also we're looking for home movie footage of Detroit - from Super 8 to HD Video and all points between!

Please contact me at: darling.george@virgin.net if you are interested in finding out more about this project or wish to contribute, either with stories or with your family's home movies.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best

George Hencken

Hi George -
    I'm curious, why do you have a .virgin email address and not a .bbc address if you work for them? I find it hard to believe that with the vast resources the BBC has, they would have you using a basic ISP email box for company business. Nor do I believe that they would need this sort of work contracted out - the BBC has to be the world's largest pool of reporters and researchers, all of whom would rightly have a .bbc email address.

Anyway - this could be why you are not getting a lot of responses here. Just a guess.

Retroit Guest

Or it could be because the topic is so broad that people don't know where to begin. A 100 year history of Detroit the automotive industry? That's going to be one helluva documentary!

Have you thought about narrowing down the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Or it could be because the topic is so broad that people don't know where to begin. A 100 year history of Detroit the automotive industry? That's going to be one helluva documentary!

Have you thought about narrowing down the topic?
    One could always just walk through the "100 Year History of the Automotive Industry" exhibit at The Henry Ford Museum. It has actual cars and newspaper clippings and everything.