Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Stosh Guest

Default Transferring to detroit

TRANSFERRING TO DETROIT

On a flight getting ready to depart Portland for Detroit, Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Jack asked.
    "I've been transferred to Detroit. There's crazy people there! They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate."
    Jack replied, "I've lived in Detroit all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."
    The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"
    "Me?" said Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."

DumplingDude Guest

I fail to see the humor but I do totally appreciate the terrible irony.

I fail to see the humor AND the terrible irony ...

Stosh Guest

Just an example of how OTHER PEOPLE see us. Got that from a friend out west.

The irony must be in that wholly unbelievable scenario of a business transferring staff *to* Detroit.