Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best Wings in Detroit

I would like to know where I can get some of the best chicken wings in Detroit. I am looking for ones outside the box. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Detroit proper would have to be Sweetwater.

The Joe Louis Arena has Red Wings. Those are the best Wings in Detroit!

LodgeDodger Guest

According to betterhalf, the wings at Z's Villa on Piquette rock!

This should be good. I love good wings. I hate to admit that Buffalo Wild Wings is gotta be my favorite and that has alot to do with their sauces.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Detroit proper would have to be Sweetwater.
    +1 to that for sure.

Not to mention Sweetwater's ribs.... I know everyone is going to rave about Slows but Sweetwater has the BEST ribs in Detroit, in my opinion.

Make your own, using the simple recipe on the back of the Red Hot sauce label. Seriously, they are good! I follow up with a minute or so on the grill or broiler...

Call me crazy, but I love the barbecue wings from Jet's Pizza in Hamtramck.
    \
    I suspect they put crack cocaine in the barbecue sauce.

Sweetwater +100

A bit different than normal wings which is what you said you wanted.

Are Sweetwater's wings breaded? I live with a serious wing lover, but he prefers non-breaded wings and they're hard to come by, which is why he says Buffalo Wild Wings are the best.

The Rivertown Saloon [[now closed) made great wings, as good as you would get in Buffalo. I wonder where Bertha went with the recipe.

Why is my mouth watering for Dragon's Eggs from Union Street?

^^^^^
    Because they are damn good!!

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    The Rivertown Saloon [[now closed) made great wings, as good as you would get in Buffalo. I wonder where Bertha went with the recipe.
    They sure did!!!

The Pizza Place on Ford Road in Dearborn makes very good plain wings. They're halal, if that matters to you.

Happy's Pizza on East Jefferson by Mt Elliot is my current favorite for no hassle, call ahead, take out wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Are Sweetwater's wings breaded? I live with a serious wing lover, but he prefers non-breaded wings and they're hard to come by, which is why he says Buffalo Wild Wings are the best.
    They are not breaded, just delicious.

DetroitDad Guest

Default So Many Choices

I know these places are a bit more on the touristy side, but some of my favorites;

1. Pizza Papalis
    2. Majestic Cafe
    3. Hockeytown Cafe
    4. Union Street

SWEETWATER x 10000

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    SWEETWATER x 10000
    I am glad I am not the only one :P

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    There are some good wings at Joe Louis. Good centers, too.

Yzerman!! Oh.....sorry, wrong kinda Wing. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    You stole my repartee you evil planner you!

Howewer, Washington has the WestWings in the world you silly wabbit!

Had wings at a catered event from a place on Dexter near Joy rd. they really had outstanding BBQ style hot wings. didn't catch the name of the place though. damn.

I was underwhelmed by Sweetwater’s wings. But I’m willing to admit it may have been a case of high expectations coupled with the fact you can’t get a good beer in that place [[let alone one brewed in Michigan).

Frankly, I don’t think Buffalo Wild Wings even belongs in this conversation. Everything about that chain is mediocre except for the size of the televisions. Quantity of sauce choices and quality are not directly proportional.

The best wings I’ve found so far are surprisingly from Anita’s Kitchen in Ferndale. They are cooked without breading and liberally drenched in a sauce that’s not too hot but deeply flavorful. And the creamy feta dressing they come with is excellent.

I haven't been there in years, don't know why, but I always loved Union Street's wings. And the Dragon Eggs

The wings I like are hot without the sauce. I like the spice cooked into the meat and breading, not from some messy sauce, though I eat those too on occasion. The best I had were at a sports bar on Telegraph and 96, but they've been closed for years. Anyone know where I can get this type of wing besides KFC?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast