Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Steve Wilson's Local News Poll -- Will This New Approach Work Here?

In advance of a national conference coming to Detroit this week to brainstorm ways to get better local news, I've come up with a five-question survey. It's part of my post-Channel 7 effort to establish The Michigan News Center, an independent, non-profit news team to continue the kind of work I and Scott Lewis and others were doing before the deep cutbacks by mainstream media.

I'm trying to learn just how much support there might be for an indepdent, non-profit news team to keep doing the kind of work I and Scott Lewis and others did before mainstream media cut back.

You can find the survey here...and please feel free to leave your candid comments and, if you want to help, your contact information.

https://www.novisystems.com/NoviSurv...sonSurvey.aspx

Also, if you have an interest in media reform of this nature, take a look at the big Wayne State conference on Journalism That Matters. It starts Thursday and runs through the weekend. I'll be there to put heads together with anyone with fresh ideas and a way to implement them in this market with the development of The Michigan News Center, or otherwise.

Find more details on the conference here:

http://journalismthatmatters.org/JTMDetroit

Thank you Steve. WIsh I could attend the conference.

Hi Steve, just filled out the survey. I wish you and the Center the best of luck, and hope to hear more in the future!

I filled out the survey too!

Steve - Waiting for that redlining story you were going to research. I sent you significant research. Now that Kame is 'dead' what are you really going to base your sensationalism on?

Survey completed! I really hope this takes off.

Steve,

Survey completed, finally.

I'm sure mine will be on the fringe...but there might be some gems in there for ya.

Feel free to contact me for clarification and amplification of any particular item or more.

Cheers,
    John

[[please at least contact me regarding the conference)

Retroit Guest

You should have went to Indianapolis. They were apparently hard up for a reporter.