Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How much does Office space go for in Downtown?

In the Det News today they has a link to the new govt website showing all the expenses of our US Reps. In it I noticed that the Hon. Kilpatrick pays $4597.66 a month to Annis Historic Partnership Properities for her Local Office on Library. Does that seem high? I am not up on my Rental fees in downtown, but after google mapping the office I am puzzled..

http://bit.ly/9zn0eD

On another note she only spent $5039.03 on travel back to her district. The trips look like to only be in November and December. Its nice to come home only for the Holidays. She almost spent as much on bottled water [[$4512.00) Good thing she is not on the Renewable Resources Committee....

There are a lot of variables in the cost of office space.
    a. A smaller office will go for more per square foot than a larger one. For example, a single lawyer would pay more for a small office on a per square foot basis in a building than if GM was also a tennant in the same building.
    b. Are utilities included? Baths shared with other offices? Cleaning? Other services being done by management for the tennant?
    c. The cost of parking may or may not be included, and depending upon location, the cost of parking varies by quite a bit.
    d. The floor of the office/views from windows impact marketablility. If the office has a view of the river and not of an alley [[like mine) then one would expect to pay more.

Generally under a dollar a square foot for Class B.

It would be cool to have a 10 x 10 office in the Ren Cen for $100.

Dollar a square foot? I never understood this monthly calculation. Industry standard is.....

A you mean 12 dollars a square foot.

You take the square footage price multiply it by the square footage and divide, that is your monthly rent.

Not being a smart ass here, just thought you might like to know Huggybear.

Yes, per month. Should have made that more clear - the OP was referencing a per-month figure for what CCK was paying, so that's what I put down. I think the reason it's usually quoted as a 12-month figure is so that businesses can plug that right into their budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Novack View Post
    Dollar a square foot? I never understood this monthly calculation. Industry standard is.....

A you mean 12 dollars a square foot.

You take the square footage price multiply it by the square footage and divide, that is your monthly rent.

Not being a smart ass here, just thought you might like to know Huggybear.